Multiple sclerosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everybody im 22 and have been suffering with this since i was about 13. My mom has multiple sclerosis for over 20 years now (she was paralyzed & blind) and the dr always told her it is not genetic so it wouldnt be passed on if you had children. Well for starters im not sure whats wrong with me, it started when i became a teenager. Ive been to the dr but i can never quite explain it to make them understand. At times i cant stand up to walk or my knees will like lock up not really lock up but more of a spasm. My entire left side of my body will do this to where i have no control. I have no pain when this happens and can still walk when i have the attack but it may seem like i have a special disorder. It doesnt do it all the time unless my feet are reallt cold. Anyways its the same if i try to run, im not able to at all, as soon as i try to i can feel the attack coming on before it starts and can stop it by not moving. It feels like it starts in my left foot then goes up my left side. My hand draws up my vision gets blurry and my speech becomes slurred.

This keeps me from doing things i love to do because i dont wanna be judged for something i have no control over or what i even have. Of anybody has any idea i would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.