Muscle numbness and sleep issue

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello All, I got married last Feb 2016 and than came to UAE on April. From June I started with UTI visited several docotors they said all ok nothing to worry than I got gastric took gastric medication , in between I had panic attacks fear feel like suicide and there is something in my hand or arms . I feel like numbness weekness some kind of irritation because of which I could not sleep. I visited Physcratis, Neurologist, Gastro, and endocrinologist. Tests done are endoscopy colonoscopy brain MRI all other nerve test. Than endocrinologist found that I got Vitamin d deficiency he said that it can be the issue of your problems. I have ta king 50000 d3 every monday and took vit b1 6 b1 6 12 for 2 months stopped now. Tested for vit d and vit b12 . vit d was 5 but now it is 46 and vit b12 is 336. I still have the issue. please tell me what should I do now. I am tired sad

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Was your Folate (Vitamin B9) tested as this is essential to process the B12 you were supplementing?
    • Posted

No they have not tested. however I have taking multivitamins. yesterday I met another doc and she did some test will meet today. how much time it takes vit d symptime to be ok?
  • Posted

in between I had panic attacks fear feel like suicide and there is something in my hand or arms ??

can you explain....something in hand or arms

• Posted

hi. i think that it can take 3 months of supplementation with vitamin D3 before you feel ok. 

best wishes

• Posted

Hi Thank you for your comment. I am 80% feeling better . I will be completing my 3 month of supplementation on 5 March. can you tell me how much I should take vit d to maintain the level
    • Posted

please discuss with your doctor about the amount that you need to take. it will depend on a number of factors eg any underlying health conditions, your blood level etc. it might even depend on your weight / age . i don't know. there is a standard here in the UK of supplementation for the general public of 10mg per day (400IU) during the winter months. but that is not for people who have seriuosly low levels which need to be raised. so if your levels are very low then you need more. your doctor knows your situation better than random people on the internet! 

best wishes

• Posted

Hi last month I have done my blood test and it shows 46 and m still taking 50000 units every monday 3 more tablets left. After that how much I should take is that what I am asking to maintain my vit d
    • Posted

before your tablets are finished you need to contact your doctor to ask what you should do next in order to maintain your levels.

• Posted

Hi I checked with the doc but I am really don't belive them. they told me to take 50000 units once in a month. So I am trying to find out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.