Muscle pain, joint pain, muscle fasiculation, twitching

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi All,

I am a 33 year old female. About 7 weeks ago I was just getting over a cold, a week later I woke up one morning with severe pain in all of my joints. The pain in my joints continued several days and then starting in my muscles. My legs, arms, back, neck and stomach. For 2 weeks I was having tingling in my arms and legs, this has since subsided. My muscles feel like I just got done lifting weights or like I've just run a marathon after doing normal activity. My arms hurt to rest them on a hard surface. Everyday between 8:30a and 2pm I have a flare up of these pain symptoms and the pain is almost intolerable. After 2pm it usually subsides but I can still feel the discomfort. My muscles feel shaky and tire easily. I have had some blood work done CMP, CBC, ANA, Sed Rate, CRP and they have all been normal. My fingers or feet randomly twitch as well as my eye and lip and I do have muscle fasiculations from time to time in my arms, legs and stomach. Anyone out there experienced this? The neuro and primary doctor are saying it could be post viral.

Thanks,

Jen

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A core symptom of ME/CFS is the fatigue, especially after exertion. This fatigue is unlike the normal fatigue a person would experience. Other major symptoms are sleep problems and cognitive difficulties (trouble concentrating, short-term memory loss). Do you have any of these symptoms? Go to the "solve me/cfs initiative" website and see is the symptoms resonate with you. In addition to these symptoms, yes, I have tingling, burning, and other nerve problems. It would be hard to say if you have ME/CFS without knowing about other symptoms. A knowledgeable rheumatologist or infectious disease doctor should be able to diagnose you.

• Posted

I think Jackie's right about other symptoms. One of the worst for me is brain fog, as in the feeling of it. It feels as though I have a constant hangover and my brain is sort of fuzzy, almost as though it's wrapped in something. Do you have a feeling like that?

Another symptom is the feeling of having the flu but without the normal symptom progression.

• Posted

Hi, I m experiencing almost all of the same symptoms with a few more to boot like vertigo and Horners Syndrome of the eye.

I just wanted to add, ask for a vitamin D blood test as well. I have been going through hell for a year now, the fatigue and twitching longer. It's affecting my psychologically and a big strain on my marriage as I m inconsistently ill with all my neuro scans and tests, etc coming back as normal and now really limited in what I can do daily. I have more or less convinced myself that I have mnd, ms or something worse BUT I have recently had a blood test back with low vitamin d levels, lowest clinical range is 50, mine is 30 and once I read up on vitamin d deficiency there's a lot of muscle, joint and twitching symptoms that mimic serious diseases.

Kathryn

• Posted

Because you list sudden joint pain, it makes me think of lyme disease, you might get checked if you have had a tick bite. (It is often overlooked by Dr.s)

Otherwise it sounds more like Fibromyalgia, which is in the same family as ME/CFS. I personally believe ME/CFS frequently develops into Fibromyalgia since it is common for people to have both. Fibromyalgia tends to cause a lot of nerve pain...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.