My 6 year old boy had EE showed sharp wave!! please advice.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

This is my first time in here im very desperate to get some information’s from parent who may similar situation.

My child had his first febrile convulsion at age 1 year and 2 month he had high temperature we were shocked to see our child is havin fit. dr said is called febrile convolution dont worry will go away when his 5.

Then after 1 year and 3 month he had 3 convolutions one after the other in 1 hour he was very warm like heater.

and then at the age of 5 still he has 2 convulsion when he had convulsions we checked his temperature it was 36.7

about 2 month ago he has 2 convolution first one at home second one in hospital.

and then about 10 days ago he had fit while talking to his mother and his mother said he didnt have any temperature. we have noticed every time he get convulsion his either has soar throat, cough, flue, tonsils problem.

My son his now 6 years and 2 weeks.

He had 30 minute EEG done set on chair is showed Sharpe electric wave.

He were told to close his eye sharp wave recorded and then during breathing sharp wave increase

Before eeg process dr said if child get convulsion because fo fever this should show normal result.

Treatment prescribed to take antiepileptic carbamazepine 200mg tablets for 2 years dr said after 2 years he wont get any convulsion.

Do you this this medicine is the right one for him to take for 2 years. His been told to take 1 every day for 2 years but in first 8 days half of the tablet.

After all the above my son his cleaver boy in his class and very respectful to people around him in school. Very cleaver he never forget think and easy to learn.

Any advice will be appreciated in advance.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Iani

My Sisters 3 boys all had convulsions and all 3 have grown out of them. 

They are now Men !! 

I have epilepsy also !! but mine started at puberty. I was and still do take phenobarbitone. (old fashioned now but suit me)

I wish your son well and remember when he has one, dampen down sweat spots

ie forehead inbetween legs, neck and arms and fan him.

I wish your son well as it is scarey to see a loved one and you feel helpless.

But hopefully he will grow out of them xx

Good luck to All of you

Win xx

• Posted

thanks for that i hope you too will recover. is just im worried given him this med antiepileptic carbamazepine 200mg tablets for 2 years is long juorney for my little fella side effect is im concerns.
  • Posted

Iani,

Ask if there are milder pills that do the same ie stop the seizures.

They can only say no.  Tell them your concerns. I read up on the pill they put your son on.  So copy all side effects and give them to Doc and tell him surely there is another pill to give son

Good luck xx

Win

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.