My body is giving me weird sensations for the past two nights.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 20 yr old male who for the past nights could not sleep very sleep verybwell. I close my eyes and I have a dream but I'm awake still I can hear everything out side of my dream. On top of that when I lay down to sleep my head feels light and my body gets all numb.l, freaks me out like my body is shutting down. Any suggestions ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi nikku.

You haven't really given any information so please don't take my questions for any more than they are.

I don't want to offer any input, if i can, without knowing different things that you dodn't really explain.

Are you sure you're dreaming?

Can you explain what you mean by "i have a dream but i'm awake still i can hear everything outside of my dream"?

When you lay down and your head feels light, do you mean as in you feel like fainting or passing out, or something different?

You said your body gets numb.

Can you move any part of your body?

How long does it last?

Are you aware of your surroundings and what's going on?

Are you on any medications?

Until you give some more detail i can't really offer anything to help...if i can, but i can tell you that from what you've said, your body is not shutting down.

I suggest you try to relax a bit and not freak out when you lay down, as this often adds to problems and leads to panic attacks and axiety problems.

I know it's easier said than done but being a little more calm if possible, lets you see or feel some things you may not be aware of while you're freaking out.

I'm sorry i couldn't be of more help.

I just don't want to tell you something without knowing more.

I hope you understand.

I am happy to help if i can, tho.

I hope things improve and you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi my husband is having somewhat the same symptoms .. Sometimes while he is laying down falling asleep he jumps up out of his sleep scared he says that his body feels numb, it feels like his heart is about to stop and he feels like his brethe is being taken away.. Do you know what it is and what can I do to help him?

I think it's Anxiety but I'm not sure so i don't want to say that ...

• Posted

Have you had any other symptoms? This happens to me all the time due to narcolepsy. When you have narcolepsy you almost immediately go into R.E.M. Sleep which is the stage of sleep where most people dream and when I got my sleep study done I was told I go into R.E.M. Sleep in about 7 minutes even though I'm still partially awake. It can be a bit freaky sometimes because you don't know if the sound it in your dream or not.

If you haven't been getting enough sleep maybe that could be the reason?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.