My boyfriend is in pain and nobody wants to help him.

Posted , 4 users are following.

My boyfriend has had a lump, like cyst in his ball sack for as long as i have known him. I wanted to help him with his problem so we had his pcp make a appointment with the right doctor, we went twice for the same result nothing. No medication, no follow up appointment, no tests, no nothing. I can not believe the way doctors treat patients. He wakes up crying from the pain and it hurts me. He actually went to saying he was going to stab the cyst with a neddle and then some one would have to help. The pain from the cyst hurts when he has sex, after the sex, when he is at work, basically everything he does ,it hurts. The pain will follow down his leg and back, lower back pain is 24/7. It sucks to see a loved one hurting and nobody will help him, at one point i was agreeing with him to gently stab the sack but that hurts too. Can anybody give some advice to him? Thanks alot a worried girlfriend.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to the doctor and demand an ultrasound. Also, if the cyst is free floating that is probably a good thing as opposed to being growing from within the testicle. I would consider skipping the primary care physician and scheduling with a urologist. Good luck and I hope you get some answers.
    • Posted

If the urologist doesn't do anything I would suggest going to a hospital and asking if a doctor if can help relieve the pain. Since I live in the US, here they have walk-in clinics for non emergency ailments. It may cost you some money, but at least you will get help for your pain and they can check if it is harmful.

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

I work in the medical field (administrative) and I agree the way

some doctors treat patients is totally unacceptable,

I would definitely recommend going to a different physician...

remember your boyfriend is the patient, he has the right and

deserves to be treated with respect and treated period....

Now I don't know if you're in the states...

If so I suggest reporting him ... reach out to ama at

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/about-ama/patient-faqs.page

Or http://www.fsmb.org

I certainly hope he gets the help he needs, and he's lucky to have

someone who cares as you do

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.