My broken heart

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Im a middle aged man who is divorced with 2 children who i live dearly.

My girlfriend ever since she went into perimenopausal she does not want sex even though I told her to take natural remidies(by the way she is a nurse). Our relationship has soared and we broke up. She did shift work and studied on top of that and she made me pay by breaking uo with her. For the last 4 years I was always patient with her and submissive because she lives by herself here in Australia and I am the only one she has who has stood by her. Also I went against my family to be woth her. i am writing this becasue I am sad and heartbroken

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

wink Hi Mark

you don't state how long ago the break up was?

As you can see by being brave enough to join this forum the menopause is horrendous (for some, not all women) rolleyes

and nursing I believe is if not one of (the hardest jobs) 

Give her some time please, let her genuinely make up her own mind (god knows the mind isn't that good at this time for some of us), try backing off

I'm sure this lady isn't a bad person, just having a hormonal breakdown

stay in touch on here for support Mark

the more you keep pushing the sex (if she feels hey wire) the further away you'll push her

hang in there, 

Mrs M wink

• Posted

We have been broken up say 4 months. Well dont you believe when your girlfiend goes for overseas for 7 weeks that she would want to be with her boyfriend? Also I am going through a last time I lost my job as well and 2 people (my auntie and my grandmother) died in this period. Dont you think she should have be a bit more close to me
  • Posted

Also unemployed I buy her flowers and then I take her to restaurant and then you dont want to be imtimate with me. Cmon Im not a saint. Plus you can do other things as well. Dont you think? Anyway Im really distraught. Everyone tells me she is a trouble maker (that I know) and that I should move on
  • Posted

I tried to reconcile but she is stubborn and I felt also very hurt coz she was no supporting me through this tough period
  • Posted

Sorry Mark but as I said before SPACE.......................................

give her some space

wink

• Posted

Im falling apart here. How long do I still need. Its bad
  • Posted

Hi Mark, Its really sad what you going through. Unfortunately, brake ups happen with or without menopause. As MrsMerm suggested  already give your partner some space. You will have to get on with your life, though with a lot of pain inside. You have to try and accept the way things are at the moment. You cant expect anyone to act the way, YOU want them to do. They simply will NOT.

The time will put everything right. Be patient. Good Luck

• Posted

Menopause is very sensitive subject with women sometimes you have to be patient I am going through the same thing but my husband is very loving and understanding he supports me maybe you should sit down and talk to her maybe there was another reason who knows I myself have not had the desire to have sex but my husband truly understands but it's not like it's the end of the world try talking to her and try reading more of our status on here then you two will truly understand what we go through I pray things can be worked out with you too but you have to learn sometimes to listen and listen to learn good luck with everything I pray that you and her will work things out but menopause is like a living hell to us good luck
  • Posted

Well dont you think I should be comforted too. I have lost my job, 2 people have died in my family and I know my girl is very self centered. She said she had a very bad relationship with ex husband now she is got a good guy and she does not know how to appreciate him?
  • Posted

Ive passed the hardest time in my life and now I face this mess
    • Posted

i pray things get better for you mark sometimes we go through the storm but god will see us through it all also my own belief is god moves people and things out of our lives for the better and to move better people and things in our lives keep your head to the sky and keep faith because there is  someone for you sometimes we confuse lust with love you seem to be a great guy but i know what you are saying about your feelings i to have loss many in my family and nobody seem to care how i felt it's not a good feeling at all mine were very close together 99 bro 00 sister 01 dad 04 mom 05 grandmother so i can relate to you please try to focus on you and your happiness mark that is very important keeping yourself together god bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.