My clitoris and other parts have all but disappeared....help

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with LS and I am so worried because my clitoris is completely fused and my lady parts have disappeared. My question is, will i ever get these back?? Any ideas on what cream I should use. I prefer something natural. Please share any success stories you might have. sad

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Debbie,

Please go back and review comments about baking soda baths and Borax (sodium borate). These, plus applying various oils (coconut, emu, etc.) have been a lifesaver. I had lost half of one of my labia minora and after these treatments, over many months, it has returned.  My Clitoris was fused too, and it is slowly coming back.  It's not an overnight cure, but with time and care you will see progress. It appears that certain things work better for different people, so find out what works for you. Hang in there.  It is a frightening diagnosis, but you can do something about it. There are many women on this site who have seen wonderful improvements.

• Posted

Thanks so much Anna for your words of encouragement. You and Hanny have given me my strength back. I am going to start this regime immediately! Especially relieved about the clitoris, I thought it was gone forever. I don't feel so hopeless and alone any longer......

• Posted

You are very welcome!  Finding these wonderful ladies on here and trying their suggestions and tips have reversed my symptoms.  Sad to say, but they have been much more helpful than my doctor.  Just know that you are not alone!
  • Edited

You've come to a good place here on this forum.  There is some 'wisdom' we share. 

?It is possible to put this disease in reverse, meaning, to mostly restore the lady parts down there.  That's my experience.  It will take some time and effort.

?I use baking soda rinses after every bathroom visit and baking soda baths.  For moisturizing I use coconut oil mainly.  Have used emu oil as well.  You yourself have to decide what feels best to you.  We're all slightly different.  Next to baking soda rinses I now also use borax rinses. (our latest kid on the block so to speak) 

Diet: ?I've cut out most added sugar, no alcohol, no caffeine, no gluten and limited dairy.  This will give the body extra strength somehow to fight LS. 

I understand that the vagina may have fused over.  I was there too - completely fused over.  Baking soda rinses and baths helped to defuse.  The top part with the clitoris was the hardest.  But eventually that returned to normal as well.  But it took time and diligence. 

?Eventually the urethra was almost covered over as well and at that point I had to have a dilation procedure at the hospital.  After that I had to dilate all the time to gradually increase the opening.  The baking soda rinses and baths were helping the de-fusing gradually.  You see, to be able to pass urine all needed to be kept open. 

?At the earliest stages, with the itch and fusing, I was prescribed Clobetasol.  Later I found that the baking soda and after that the borax were gentler ways to treat LS.  Though so now and then I still have to use a small amount of Clobetasol ointment. 

?Hope this helps you on your way.  I suggest for you to browse the various topics we discussed earlier.  The more you learn the better you will be equipped to keep LS under control.

• Posted

Hey Hanni - I forget - whats the proportion again wiht the baking soda mix? I cant remember..smile

Thank you

• Posted

Thank you soooo much Hanny for your wonderful advice. I felt so very alone!! You have given me back my courage to do all the things that have obviously worked so well for you. 

I was thrilled to learn that if I keep this regime up I will eventually unfuse my clitoris! Can I ask you Hanny if you are able to have sex? I feel so sad for my husband as sex has been off the agenda for sometime now.

Also wondering what your thoughts are on the Mona Lisa Touch (laser treatment)?

I will look over the various topics discussed earlier. Again thank you so much for replying.

• Posted

Hi Lenep,

​I put three pinches in a Peron bottle and one third of a cup of baking soda in the bath.  For the Borax I do the same, otherwise it becomes to strong for me, but that only in the Peron bottle, not in a bath. 

• Posted

Glad it was of some help Debbie Anne,

?Do try to remember that all takes time. 

?As far as sex goes - yes, very possible and no problem at all at present. Just be careful that you don't re-introduce sex too soon.  Allow all to recover and heal first.  LS does not like to be aggrevated.  Otherwise you loose more than you gain. 

?I'm not familiar personally with the Mona Lisa Touch.  There were no problems with the vagina opening, therefore no need for this.  After the fusing was gone the vagina was still in tact and nothing else needed to be done.  Just careful and diligent maintenance of the LS.  And that's what I'm still doing every day.  Eventually there is some kind of routine and you don't even have to think about it. 

?I hope that your husband is patient and understanding with this.  My husband was, though it wasn't easy and it was hard on our relationship for a while.    I hope you can try to keep your hubby on board and carry this hardship together if at all possible. 

• Posted

My husband is a very gentle man who is completely supportive........thank goodness! It's more me feeling sad and sorry for myself around this situation. However, I am now armed with positive information so am feeling much better thanks to you Hanny.

The reason I asked about the Mona Lisa Touch is because me vagina has narrowed considerably making sex very painful. It feels as though the vaginal walls have closed in and things have tightened up . I have heard that some women have had a good result with the MLT. So was just curious really. Although I am not so bothered now because I am hopeful that the bicarb/borax and coconut oil with diet will do the trick!!

• Posted

I don't know how much these things help with narrowing.  You'll still need to stretch things out a bit to keep your vagina from narrowing.  Some people use a dialator.  When my boyfriend and I first had sex, I was in a lot of pain, but after time and gentle practice It was fine.  I found I could have sex about 2 times a week and feel ok.  If we went for long periods of time without sex, it started narrowing again.  Maybe others have some tips on the narrowing issue.

• Posted

Thanks Anna, the dialator sounds like a good idea. Yes I would be interested if anyone else has any other ideas.
    • Posted

In addition - sounds like your vagina might need the help of regular dilation.  That's what I have to do as well to keep all open.  It also is helpful with keeping the urethra free or else a person will get difficulties urinating.

?I know, it is definately not easy to live with at this stage.  It affects a person mentally as well.  But great your husband is supportive.  It will help you pull through this period of what I call grieving over lost ability.  Depression was not far away, but I learned that with a bit of support you will come to the other more positive side and will start to cope better and better.

?You sound already much more positive.  Glad to be of help. 

• Posted

Yes I think you are right Hanny I will need regular dilation to keep things open.

I am still feeling itchy even though I am faithfully using the bicarb/borax spray and coconut oil  after each bathroom visit. I have also changed my diet. How long did this regime take before your itch subsided??

• Posted

It took a long time, sad to say.  Give it a year.  That's when I really started to feel better and better, though regular maintenance remains a must.

• Edited

Thanks Hanny! I would much rather know it could take a year, this way I wont be expecting immediate results.

I did have an appointment with my gyno this week and he said out of one to ten that my LS was probably a seven! He also said, not only had my clitoris fused over completely but it had completely shrunk as well. I asked about ever regaining sensation in my clitoris and having an orgasim in the future... his reply, no that part of your life is now over!  I felt down leaving his clinic but then went home and re- read all your comments and others. I felt a lot better knowing that you and others have given me this wonderful alternate approach. IMAGINE how blue I would be feeling if i didn't have hope and hadn't found you and this wonderful forum. xx

• Edited

Hi,

I'm a little confused with the use of baking soda....I've seen baking powder or Bicarbonate of soda....I wouldn't want to use the wrong one!!

Can you give me the name of the product brand.  Is it Arm & Hammer?  Thank you. Sonia

• Posted

Baking SODA it is Scampi.  I buy it in bulk at the bulkfood store or bulkfood department of the super market. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.