my cough is getting worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have had a cough for almost a month now, and i thought it was settling but its not, i have been having coughing fits for a while now and when i do i try to stop myself but i cant and my cough carries on till the point i cant breathe and i vomit out clear vile, and its getting worse, i have a cough medicen (not prescribed) and its not working, can anyone help me.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Past time for Doctor!  I get bronchitis almost everytime after a cold.  I try to wait it out too!  Antibiotics sounds like a remedy!

Good luck!

• Posted

I agree its time to see a doctor i waited till a respiratory infection turned to pnuemonia keep in mind that my dr basically heard my cough immediately said i had wet lungs im just now feeling better 10 weeks later!!!!! Im still coughing just not all day i hope you get to feeling better antibiotics are a must!!!
    • Posted

No, I am not sick now!  LOL!  A couple of years ago my husband and I went on our first cruise!  Got bronchitis the day before we left.  Went anyway and by the time we got home I had pneumonia too!  I always would suffer for 2 weeks before I ever went to the doctor.  I was diagnosed with RA a year ago so I try not to get sick as I don't have much of an immune system to fight it off!  I would never get rid of bronchitis without antibiotics!  Hope you get to doctor soon!

Good luck

• Posted

Hi, I've been suffering from incessant coughing caused by viral infection, on and off. According to my doc, the key is to have enough sleep, which seems a luxury for me, with three kids. If I have enough sleep, I'm fine. Also. Try to take ginger decoction and gooseberry juice, early in the morning to boost my immunity. This helps a lot. 

My coughing gets worse when I lie down, I try to prop myself in a Sofa with pillows. Also the tickling sensation in the throat is very irritating and causes coughing. You can try to gargle your throat, with warm (to little bit hot) water and salt. This really helps.

• Posted

I bought some throat sweets to suck ,they were calked decquacaine,,they sort of numb the back of your throat ,also I take a pint of ice cold water to bed to sip through the night ,,,,good luck 
    • Posted

Simple answer to coughing up blood ,,,," should you be concerned " 

pin my opinion ,,,,,YES 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.