My CURE for the ANAL FISSURE

Posted , 3 users are following.

So recently I have had a number of problems relating to my output port.

These problems included, anal fissures, and external haemorrhoids.

My problems lasted about a year in total, and changed a lot about the way I do things.

This is my story.

I gave up smoking, and naturally during that period of transition my diet went crazy, 

I was eating a lot of junk and heavy foods in an attempt to satisfy the cravings. 

This resulted in higher frequency of evacuations (2-3 a day), and would often have bulky, solid stools, which were difficult to get out. At this point I had never had much regard for 'how' I defecated, I was just interested in getting the job done in the least amount of time. 

I would push and force it out, and then clean up vigorously and concisely.

It all really kicked off when I had developed an abscess on my tooth. The dentist gave me some strong antibiotics, as well as strong pro-biotics. The problem was the pro-biotics. 

One day I had a very large, difficult evacuation and it ripped my anus, causing an anal fissure.

Now an anal fissure is a very painful thing, and it doesn't just go away. 

To indicate how painful they are, people have been known to pass out (mid evacuation) from the pain caused by these things. Fortunately mine wasn't that bad, but enough to make me uneasy about going to the toilet. At first I thought it would just take a week or so to heal (which at the time sounded like an eternity), but would later discover that it would take much longer due to my bad habits.

At first I got an over-the-counter treatment ointment, and a suppository. Which I thought would do the trick. Unfortunately it did not, and I battled for weeks.

Eventually I started getting desperate, searching for answers on the internet I stumbled on a few stories, which at the time I thought were rubbish, or just people thinking they had found solutions when it was really just co-incidence. But it turned out that those solutions are what saved me.

I'll get to those in a bit, but first I need to stress how my habits needed to change first. The problem with an anal fissure is that it's an open wound. Normally open wounds heal provided you don't aggravate them and keep them sterilized, but because of the unfortunate location, aggravating this wound is something that can't be helped. Every time you have an evacuation, you pull the wound open again, and push a whole bunch of dirty stuff on top of it, bacteria specifically.

Layering bacteria over a wound infects the wound and slows down the healing process, and when it comes to anal fissures, time is everything, because healing is a race from the moment you finish your last evacuation to when you start the next.

So a few things needed to happen, I needed to reduce the amount of evacuations, to give the wound more time to heal, and I needed to reduce the density of my stools to avoid stretching the wound as much as possible. I did this by eating only vegetables and soups and increasing fibre in my diet by eating oats. I also ate a lot of yoghurt, which was actually bad and I'll explain later.

I also cut out bread and meat completely.

This reduced the amount of evacuations I would have to about once a day. I noticed a definite improvement, but it still didn't seem like enough, the wound just wasn't healing. The over-the-counter ointments didn't really make a difference, other than providing temporary relief.

The first solution came from a random advert I saw while searching on the internet, someone was advertising wheat-grass spray, some kind of spray-on ointment made from wheat-grass. I thought this was really weird but I had nothing to lose. I couldn't find the spay at the pharmacy, but instead found Wheat-grass in a powder form, (for mixing with water and drinking). So I bought that, mixed it with some Aquereous cream and made a pasty ointment out of it. I also mixed in coconut oil, but found it didn't make a difference for healing but more for lubricating and making passing easier. I applied the ointment after every evacuation, and before bedtime. Amazingly within 2 days the fissure had closed! I was finally able to take a dump without clenching my teeth! It was a miracle.

I thought I was over with it, but unfortunately about three months later the wound occurred again, not as bad this time, but definitely enough the raise concerns of a relapse. Immediately I whipped up a batch of wheat-grass cream and applied it, again the wound seemed to heal, and all went back to normal.

It's worth noting at this point that I had since cut bread out of my diet almost completely, because I had realized that it was causing me to be very gassy in general, and since cutting it out, had much less gas, this in itself was a revelation. 

I had also developed a fondness for yoghurt, and was eating fairly large quantities on a regular basis.

So another 2 months down the line, the wound seemed to open up again, and I was starting to wonder if this was an issue I would have to deal with for the rest of my life. It was also starting to occur to me, that perhaps something was causing it. After all, I had never had this problem before, and because of quitting smoking, a lot of things had recently changed in my life. It was logical to think that one of those things may be causing this to happen. 

Once again I turned to the internet, and one persons comment on a forum somewhere, stuck out as being unusual. She claimed that yoghurt was the cause. 

At first I dismissed it, but about month later it slapped me in the face, yoghurt is a pro-biotic, I was on pro-biotics when this problem started, and I've been eating tons of yoghurt ever since. Ironically, to help the situation by avoiding solid foods.

If bacteria causes wounds to heal more slowly, and I'm increasing the amount of bacteria in my stool by consuming pro-biotic substances like yohgurt, then it stands to reason that I'm causing this the problem to re-occur by eating lots of yoghurt. So I stopped eating yogurt, and the problem has not come back ever since, which is about a year at the time of writing this.

So that was the end of the anal fissure saga. But I was still being tormented by one other problem .External haemorrhoids. I am currently treating this with my wheat-grass formula, and have yet to see the outcome. One thing that I think is worth mentioning though is that I've changed the way I defecate, and I think this is something that everyone should do. In parts of India, the normal way to defecate is by squatting, and some people claim that this way is a better way. They've gone as far as to replace their toilets with squattable toilets. I have tried it and will personally confirm that this method works. The problem is that you can't squat on a normal toilet. (Well apparently woman can do it, but I'm a man so I don't have strong enough 'squat muscles'). So here's how I do it: Just before 'it comes', lean forward a bit, try to put some weight onto your legs so that you can feel the tension in your thighs and buttocks, it should feel as if your butt is about to lif off the seat. If it's putting you off your game, or you're getting tired then you're leaning too far, relax a bit, your butt doesn't actually have to leave the seat. Now arch your lower back (as if getting a sexy spanking, sorry I can't think of a better analogy). You can push your forearms down onto your thighs to help raise your bum. Remember, you only need to do this at the point of evacuation. Afterwards you can rest again until the next one comes. It may feel very awkward at first, and if you're like me, it may even feel like you're going to make your bum dirty in other places, but you won't, if you do then you're doing something wrong. If you're doing it right, it will feel surprisingly natural. Do not push it out with your stomach muscles. The combination of postures mentioned, should create a natural path, and a natural pump, it should literally fall out.

This method takes a lot of pressure off the internals of your rectum, and the crunching of your stomach helps the load come out, if you suffer from haemorrhoids, I believe this will help by improving your method of defecation.

Between this and the wheat grass I have started to show an improvement, and hopefully won't need to see a doctor.

Thanks for reading my embarrassing story, I hope this helps someone somewhere.

I would also like to thank morris72638 for writing the following article.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/how-to-cure-anal-fissure-quickly--270871

His story was the first I encountered, and made me feel a lot better about my situation, 

he also got me going with solutions.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi john, i just had LIS surgey 3-weeks ago, but im still in pain. im definitely going to try this remedy. what ointment did you use with the wheat grass may i ask?
    • Posted

Hi melissa, I used plain Aqueous cream, but you could probably mix it with any creamy type substance.
  • Posted

Hi. Reading your post I am in anal fissure fix. Have just had a bath in coconut oil and hubby has got me so.e wheatgrass powder but I only have E44 cream. Would that work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.