My Doctor

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone, please can anyone help me, I am very down and confused and very hurt. Is it normal for a GP to text me on my mobile. My doctor use to text me and he said I could text him back and he said he didn't mind, so I did thinking he cared about my health and he would text me back and it went on for a while and then out of the blue I tried to phone him and I could't get through and the same if I tried to text and at the time I had just lost my mum but recently I have been to see him and he acts very strange, it makes me feel like I have done something wrong when I know I haven't, he always says my hair looks nice. Don't know what to do but it has hurt me, he has really confused me and he knows I have been through a lot too, is it my fault?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cats Eyes

Of course it's not your fault. Your GP sounds a little odd to me. I remember you mentioning before that he thought your hair looked nice. A very strange thing for a GP to be saying??

Is there any way you could change to another GP .... you could perhaps use the excuse that you wish to see a female one..... which would be a perfectly reasonable request.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mum .... that's really sad. You do need a lot of support at the moment and you are obviously not getting it from your present GP

Take care and I do hope you can sort something out.

Katie xx smile

• Posted

It sounds unprofessional to me and I would seriously think about changing doctor.

In my opinion a GP should be supportive and caring but also maintain a professinal distance. Sending text messages is not doing this.

No, it is not your fault, he is the professional and should behave in a professional manner. You are in a vulnerable position and he should not be confusing you.

• Posted

Yes, thinking about this again Cats Eyes ..... I probably shouldn't say this but .... I think your GP is attracted to you .... and I think you should distance yourself from him as soon as possible.

As Alicia says, he is not behaving professionally and 'STRUCK OFF' alarm bells are probably ringing in his ears, hence his odd behaviour.

The sooner you find another GP the better .... your present one is of no use to you at all.

So please don't worry .... he's the one with the problem, not you.

• Posted

Hi Cats Eyes,

Your G.P should not have acted so unprofessional. I have never heard of a G.P texting a patient with regards to their care.

It sounds to me that he was attracted to you then realised he was putting himself in a dangerous position with regards to his professionalism.

It is not your fault at all, i would take the advice of the others and change your G.P. He is not doing your health any favours.

As Alicia said, he was taking advantage of you when you are vulnerable.

Good luck

• Posted

I agree totally with the others, change as soon as you can. He should not of acted in this way. It's his problem / fault not yours.
  • Posted

Hi Cats Eyes

Hear hear to the others. He has overstepped the mark here.

Dont blame yourself, he is in the wrong

Dale xxx

• Posted

Catseyes I have posted a reply to this post on the depression forum. Take care. No-body wants you to get hurt. Pooh
  • Posted

Hi Cats Eyes

Hear hear to the others. He has overstepped the mark here.

Dont blame yourself, he is in the wrong

Dale xxx

• Posted

hello there i just want to know if this is normal i dont think the docoter i see likes me very much i went to the doctor when i hurt my back the doctor gave me a shot that wil help with the pain my bum were he gave me the shot is big purple is this normal ? and he walks out the room then come back with the shot i dont see him open a clean needle or stuf like that im worried its it just me that crazy ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.