My experience w/ Bartholins cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

So SAT morning around 3am I noticed one of my vagina lips was larger than the other (no pain) .... so Saturday it was still swollen (no pain) .... me and my boyfriend have been together for 11months and recently stop using condoms so I figured it was BV... Sunday morning I go to the hospital, they did the surgery (cyst was about the size of a thumb nail) the psycisian assistant put the string in there to drain. (Told me to take it out in 2days) go home sit in WARM water 5 times a day for 15minutes & try to drain it on my own. The next day I wake up in excruciating pain. Couldn't sit, stand, or walk .... my house is 2 stories and I live alone :-( ...anyway... i attempted to drain but NOTHING came out & it hurt like HELL to even touch...I was given Tylenol w/ codeine (which wasn't strong enough) and antibiotics .... later on that day the cyst got much bigger and wayyyy more painful ...the next morning (today) it was even BIGGER, VERY SENSITIVE, and HARD. I was sure it was a hematoma or blood clot. So I got sucked into becoming a Google doctor.... after doing EXTENSIVE research & reading different people home remedies I decided to pull the string out because it's DAY 2 & sit in SCORTCHING HOT WATER.... surprisingly this allowed my wound to BURST OPEN (didn't even feel it) and I was able to drain it myself. i sat in running hot bath water and drained for about an HR ( 40 minutes in I ran out of hot water) when I say literally the lump & the pain has gone away I am now able to sit, run, stand, cross my legs, it's almost as if nothing is wrong but my labia is still swollen. I will update what I wake up tomorrow like but I felt I needed to share this because it may work from someone else! I hope it does! Xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I could never get mine to rupture on their own. Unfortunately though, since you have had one, you will probably get another one.
    • Posted

Well, when it comes I'll be way more educated & ready to cut it myself & drain it again.

• Posted

I don't recommend cutting it yourself. I got an infection after the dr lanced it once and that was excruciating pain worse than cyst. Sitz baths and other home remedies may work for you in the future. They have worked for others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.