my fears on fears

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today i woke up with nothing t do so i started thinking about this is my life and everyone and got things to do but i will be at hoe form the rest of my lifeTheres only so much housework you an do. in the past whenever i got angry with someone i would think about hurting them back but would not as i love them regardless. These were appearing in my dreams too but i would not at on them as i knew it was fiction. I cant leave the house as i am scared of the world coming to an end and my sense of logic has gone.  I have made mistakes in choices i have made so now y self confidence has gone and wont do things for myself as i feel i will be criticised. I have been reading up on religion and the sign of judgement day and it really seems like it is going to happen tomorrowso i panic when i am on my own on the street.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I fear dying everyday suddenly myself and since a little girl wondered about the second coming for they said it had begun then and I'm 29 everyone is expecting it
    • Posted

Hi melissa

i myself fear dying, I get scared because my dad died at a young age and i deat with a lot of loss in my life. 

We have to understand that there is a God who is watching over us and we well go to Heaven to see him one day 

• Posted

I have a fear of enclosed spaces and wontuse a bathroom without a window
  • Posted

Hi there.

If it helps, i too had the same feelings about the world.these feeling of impending doom i had every day,all day. i would sense something would happen and it used to panic me.I can only tell you what i did to ease my suffering and that was to simply ignore it.Even now i have these thoughts but i just let them roll on, almost as if i have a tv screen upstairs in my head showing all kinds of disasters happenning.i too get silly thoughts that i see in my minds eye but i now know it won't happen because it never has.As for you thinking you are not good for anything or you won't bother doing anything as you have a fear of being criticised, don't listen to that part of you.Push yourself to carry on and fight through it.Go for a walk.Go to the shops.

I have made many mistakes and made bad choices but hey,no-one is perfect.I stopped beating myself up over things and i don't listen to peoples comments anymore as it has hampered me for many years

.At one point in my life i felt if i walked on a certain crack in the pavement something really bad would happen.For nearly a year i had this feeling and it would make my breathing shallow,i would go white as a ghost and i would start to shake.I had enough one day and i got my shoes on and stompped to this spot sweating and shaking.I walked straight over it twice.Then went home and waited for the world to end...It diddn't.

Go forth in your life.

Your unique.

Don't let it beat you.Your logic will return, you just have to believe in yourself again.

Best regards

YOD.

• Posted

Thanks YOD. I have had yhis anxiety for 6 weeks so I feel I am heafing the n the right direction. one thing that concerns me is the the lack of things to do around the house which is irritating me as I should pluck up the courage to go out for a walk
    • Posted

I wear a contact lens in one eye and the other has developed cateract so its more of a confidence issue ad my contact lens dropped out today in a shop and I was on the floor looking for it and thank goodness I was out with mum otherwise I wouldn't have coped. I carry my glasses but they are for indoors and i cant function with them outside.
    • Posted

Well that was something that irritated me too.It eventually made my anxiety worse. because i was looking for things to do at home, because of boredom, that didn't need doing i was spending so much time pacing around wasting energy that i became more anxious which led to worrying about not doing anything, so i pretty much trapped myself in a vicious circle.I'm not saying it's easy but force yourself to do something rather than nothing.I would say the more you sit at home or stay in the more it will become the norm.make a list of places you could go, short journeys of course.I can say from experience that frustration and or hypertention does become instilled in you if you don't break the cycle.keep moving rather than burn yourself out pacing around getting stressed and lonely on your own.I go to the park or local pond and feed the swans,ducks,birds.If you drive,go for a spin,or cofee shop. when the road is quiet. loneliness can be a by product because we feel no-one understands what we are feeling and so can't help.I know in my case i became trapped inside my own mind which led me to be solitudal and non vocal.it's almost like a scar,it heals somewhat but it's still a reminder of the time and never goes away.

Give it a try.You'll be surprised how strong you really are.

Good wishes my dear.

Regards.

YOD.

• Posted

Sorry i posted before i read about your contact lens crisis.

What a fiasco.I used to wear specs and contact lenses but i got fed up with losing them or sitting on them and having to buy another pair.I went for laser correction but only on one eye.I have whats called mono-vision where one eye does the reading and one eye does the driving/watching tv.Works well.

Mums are great, arn't they?

Don't forget to hold your head up, always.

Never stoop or drop your your head.

look straight ahead and walk with elegance and dignity.This will eventually improve your confidence.

Yod.

• Posted

WAKING IP IN THR MORNING MY EYES ARE RRY DUE TO PROPRONALOL AND PUTTING LENSES ON IS A HASSLE AS VISION IS NOT SHARP. DUE TO DRY EYES ITS HAZY WHICH MAKES ME PANIC. I CLEAN MY LENS AT NIGHT TO CLEAN ANY SMEARS FROM THE DAY BUT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING I GET CONFUSED.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.