My heart races periodically every day, spiking sometimes to over 105 with minimal exertion. A chan

Posted , 3 users are following.

Experienced brady cardia from end of January til June 11 of this year when single chamber pacemaker was inserted.  Adjustment was made in July, because my heart rate never got much above  60. Since then, heart rate spikes, to over 100 several times a day, but when I push the button on my interrogator, they call me back and act as if I am over reacting. I feel dizzy and a little short of breath, and the HR is often over 100, rising to133, and 149 with little or no exertion. I know what I feel, and the HR is confirming that on my pulse oximeter. It doesn't lasst long and usually goes baack down. My cardiologist and the device clinic are 90 miles away, and when I call the device clinic, they tell me to go to the ER, because it may be my blood pressure. My bood pressure is just fine. It seems to me that they are dismissive and treat me like I'm just an elderly person who over reacts and is bothersome. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh Mary I know what you mean they tend to think it's us being panicky I get this from nurses when ambulance men insist I go I had 24 hour ecgs on only shows flutters it was ambulance man who gave me a copy of my reading to show to doc before that he never offerd me meds as was on warfarin anyway , it's frightening and I feel for you Mary I hope it's settled soon for you x

• Posted

Thanks, Bea, I hope the wararin is helping. Do you have a pacemaker? 

Thanks for listening. Mary

• Posted

My bpm are 47/51 ish only goes high 190 200 when in afib 😨

• Posted

I am very symptomatic too. Some staff can be like that. Sorry they are not so responsive. I don't know what they are thinking. I hope you get some answers soon, and maybe they will be able to find a medication that will work for you.

Best wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.