My HIDA SCAN gallbladder function was 92% Please Help!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been in so much pain for years that come and go but know it's not going away. I had a HIDA SCAN to test my gallbladder function which came back 92% which my doctor said its over working. I'm always extremely bloated, pressure in stomach, nauseous it feels like somebody took some something and is twisting inside my stomach. I have had cat scan, ultra sounds, test on all organs, endoscopy, blood work all test normal , my doctors wants to take out my gallbladder out but I'm very very nervous because I'm not 100% that it's my GB but what else could it be, just don't want to get surgery and still be in the same position. I don't have gallstones just a high GB fraction (over working GB . I'm in so much pain please help with any advice. I'm really don't like to take meds.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jerome,

?I just had the surgery myself not 100% sure if the gb was the issue.'

?I did not half of all the other symptoms that I have read on this forum but if you look at this way can you live without yes!

?Oh by the way I hated taken pills to I would suggest drinking the juice of a fresh lemon or warm lemon water daily takes the pain away.

?Best of health to you and I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. I'm suppose to have surgery in two weeks I'm kind of nervous but so ready. I'm in pain 24/7. I hope it works!!!!

• Posted

Hi

My HIDA scan came back at 93% and no stones or sludge was detected on the ultrasound. I considered surgery but the surgeon I saw said there was only a 50/50 chance that it would help. 

For me those odds were not good enough so I live with the pain. Everybody is different but I'd suggest you have a conversation with your doctor as to what the chances are that surgery will fix your problem, You might also get a second opinion.

• Posted

I'm so stressed. My main symptom is I'm always bloated and no energy I feel like I go to a buffet and stuff myself, that's how I feel 24/7. I also went to two gastrologist and both say the same thing get it taken out. They have ran every test. I can't keep living with this .

• Posted

As I said everybody is different and in the end you need to do what you think is best for you.

Good luck to you

• Posted

I  would try low fat diet first...  It got me 6 years.. I ate nothing over 15 grams fat per serving. That seemed to work well, till I got MONO  in july..  The Mono messed with my liver which then messed witjh my GB.. So GB comes out early next month

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.