My illness has been going on for months. help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need help, i have currently been suffering with an Irregular heart,.lung problems, anxiety, depression and social anxiety. It is terrible. It is stopping me from doing anything and now I've just basically became lazy or feel that way. i don't do anything now. I'm also obsessed with the thoughts of myself dying and have been since i was younger. (Around 8years old). ive been the hospital and all sorts and they can't find Whats causing it all. I feel like giving up. Help me

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It sounds very much to me that are suffering with an obsessive disorder which may be leading to anxiety.

Most certainly your symptms point to that.

Are you currently having any counselling or taking any dedicated prescribed medications for these problems?

• Posted

I'm currently waiting to have counselling. Hopefully that may help me, I've had beta blockers and all sorts and nothing helped, only made me worse. Thank you for your reply! if there's anything you an suggest in the mean time I'd be more than happy to try.
    • Posted

I wonder why they gave you Beta Blockers?

I would have thought that an anti-depressant or anti-psycholtic medication would have been more appropriate.

Unfortunately I am not permitted to suggest a suitable medication, but if I were you I would ask your doctor to consider these as possibilities, as well as a course of CBT.

• Posted

He just told me to give them a try and if anything it made it all worse! And thank you for the advice, i will be sure to mention it to them!! thank you so much!
  • Posted

how does your heart feel dos it beat hard non stop with a normal rate just hard or what are you feeling get back at me? hope you get better
    • Posted

It feels really weak to me. Even though when its checked it's completely normal. It sometimes feels to fast and that it's pounding but it's not!
    • Posted

oh kinda feel the same sometimes my heart beats hard and i can see my stomach move a little but its at anormal rate and the doctor says my heart is finecause i had xrays and blood test and ekg but everything is fine i guess its just our stress and that we worry alot that makes it worse
  • Posted

but lets just keep positive and be strong cause we cant let anxiety beat us or take over live your life day by day dont put the pressure of thinking whats gonna happen the next day or how are you gonna feel the next day cause thats worse just take it day by day sometimes we have our good days and we have our bad days be strong
    • Posted

Only just seen this! Thank you so much. Just to let you know, I'm still currently being investigated by doctors and so far they have found a soft heart murmur and restriction in my lungs still which I have a ct scan for soon. They said they've improved though. Feeling happier too and I'm being more activesmile
  • Posted

were you a sheltered child. or a rasied in a single parent and experience abuse? you could have mainfested that repeative thoughts. maybe see a counceller no shame in getting help even the strongest go for it, the ppl who dont just dont understand the strenght dayly it takes to get out of bed let alone the house. if you take any drugs it will have the same effect and if not only to cope they highten the effects of your anxity. is your sleep affected?. 

• Posted

None of those, never taken drugs. Been raised with both parents. Been happy family and everything. I've just always had problems with my body since I as younger, heart etc. I have counselling but it didn't help so I decided I could only help myself and I'm getting better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.