My kangaroo pouch!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Help where did this come from this extra flap of skin on my tummy, trying the plank exercise but my feeble arms can only keep me doing it for a second! I am trying to build up some willpower to diet abit more but it is wierd because everywhere else seems not too bad, if only I had a tube to suck this excess away!!

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yep. I have so much belly fat I can barely zip my pants up anymore. Like I'm permanently 3 mos. pregnant. It's awful. No exercise seems to work that area either. So totally can relate to your kangeroo pouch as you call it.

• Posted

I know it is quite frustrating isn't it? It is like sitting there and intending to stay, it is quite an awkward area as it isnt like a muscle there to tone x

• Posted

Hi I'm the same ! Plus I always eat loads at weekends saying to myself ' im allowed to binge because im DEFINATLEY starting a diet on Monday '. ! ..... Then I go and buy slim fast, skimmed milk, lots of diet meals to put in the freezer cus I can't be bothered to cook ( Uugghh ) tons of fruit and veg and tell myself I'm gonna be oh so healthy and good - so Monday comes and for breakfast and lunch I have slim fast and by the evening the biscuit tin is on my lap and im watching telly filling my face hating my fat self all over again........ Yes I want liposuction attached to me permantly ! ??

• Posted

Lol me too i got the slim fast, I pig out at the weekend too! This extra fat on tummy seems different though like it is there to stay! X
  • Posted

I know!!! I have that too! Right in the middle of my stomach and I never had this before. I was doing the same thing with planks and I made the mistake of looking at my stomach!
    • Posted

Yes marie an awkward area, I think liposuction is the only thing that could get rid of this!
  • Posted

Haha this made me laugh...kangaroo pouch....yes i sudenny have a pouch too...cant get my jeans on anymore..ive always been a 12...and now i have been borrowing my daughters 14's just to get my belly in them...it's not really funny though is it having a pouch...i had a scan the other day and i could feel the dr trying to get under my pouch...but recently i cant stop eating...i blame the menopause....my mum would call it middle age spread x

• Posted

Dear Jane,

Yes, I thought middle age spread was just women eating too much (well perhaps we do) but I don't think i'm doing anything too different but it is there now x

• Posted

Yes made me laugh too! I have a pouch/flap on my bikini line and I have to tuck it back up if I wear my swimsuit! Yeuk. 

And I haven't even had any surgery or c section. 

I've got a suck you in body stocking type under garment to wear with a dress I've got for my daughters wedding in 2 weeks. Can't breathe in it or eat. It'll last till the photos are over then I'll let it all hang out!

• Posted

Dear maisie,

Yes I have one of those suck in garments, best I dig it out, I don't see my extra companion going anywhere!! X

• Posted

Hi ladies, I have always had a little "cake shelf" (that's what i call mine). but since peri/starting hrt I have put on roughly 4-6lbs (it fluctuates by 2lbs from day to day-sometimes 4, sometimes 5.5lbs) & my fat seems to have re-distributed a bit. i feel/look slightly slimmer round waist, but more round hips. apparently your're not meant to put on weight with hrt, & I'm off work sick with other illness so less active so will be interesting to see if it drops off when I'm better & back at work running around again. But I also read somewhere & was told by my doc, the fat can often redistribute during peri/meno. The older we get too the harder it is to shift a few pounds, but so easy to put on. I only have to look at a jammy donut & I can put on a 1lb!!!! xxx

• Posted

Oh thanks looloo,

Yes the fat does seem in a different place than before, I first of all noticed it on hips and then the pouch appeared, lol cake shelf like that! I can still get in my usual clothes but they seem snug on tummy x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.