My last post 'what's happening'

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies, Thankyou to all who replied to my last post. Is comforting to know we can unite amidst all this hormone madness to care & share, throw in some humour to lighten moments of gloom & rant n rave without judgement. Well I've seen yet another Dr & yes another blood test, this time for calcium, vitaminD, insulin & blood sugar which is a Hba1c test...what will this test reveal?!šŸ˜ my previous test was all ok, no deficiencies etc so the Dr doubted any supplements would stop this weird woozy unbalanced feeling & put it down to just hormones that are probably still fluctuating/cycling which can happen for some time post meno OMG! not easy living with this horrid scary crap & to have the sickly hungry low blood sugar feeling on top...aye, the fun!Ā Not šŸ˜„ maybe hormones are causing that too.Ā Have thought about a general tonic/vitamins...just trying to find a solution to stop feeling like a bowl of wobbly jelly. Ok, think I've spouted enough. Keep well lovelies xo

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi nutty, well, not sure if it was you, but have you considered low dose birth control or HRT? Not sure if this was your original intent to find a doctor that can give you something that would put this at ease, and of course, why suffer miserably when you can take something that will stop all the madness of letting your hormones get the best of you when you have the option to take control of your health? Everything will lift off of you lightly within the week, and by week 2 you'll be back to your normal self.
    • Posted

Hi how are you? I'm on Livial/Tibolone which is a yam based HRT that mimics your own hormones, been taking it for 3mths but have been told to give it at least 6mths. I've been feeling like this before the HRT in varying degrees. Ā Gets pretty hard living like this, some days I wonder how I get through but I'm trying to stay positive that this will stop & I will feel normal Ā & stable again...in the mean time I take each day as it comes, sure reeks havoc with my marriage. Take Care
    • Posted

Sorry, but I was on something similar, that also took 6 months, but I became exasperated and desperate to regain self-control which I did when got on low dose birth control pills. I just wish I would have stayed on it a little longer. I hope it all works out for you with your yam based HRT. Have a good day.
    • Posted

Hi, thanks. Will persevere but if there's no improvement, think I'll ask about low dose b/c tablets, how quickly did they ease your meno symptoms, any adverse side effects? never thought of taking these considering not having periods. Is surviving menopause possible? LoLĀ 

Keep Well

• Posted

No adverse affects, it took less than one week to feel better. Only problem is it made me hungry, and I gained a few pounds which I loss anyway but worth it compared to the symptoms.

May I ask why you have no periods?

Surviving menopause is possible but the symptoms and time to get rid of it is long and painful.

• Posted

My aunt told me about low dose birth control pills. She started taking them after having symtpoms and she said after about a week she felt so much better. I haven't had birth control pills in 11 years. Had a tubal ligation after my youngest was born.

May I ask after taking a low dose birth control pill, did the anxiety come down a little bit also?

• Posted

It was non-existent with bc pills I literally had no symptoms of anything. Life was grand until I decided to go off then all he'll broke lose. Should have continued but people had me paranoid about getting breast cancer, which I found out later that it's only if you're on HRT for more than 5 years and 10 on bc pills.
    • Posted

I'm certainly going to inquire about it. My aunt said it was a really big help for her. I seriously need to do something because I have to work and there is no way possible I can sit at work with these symptoms. I'm barely hanging on to my job now as I either leave early or don't go at all like I didnt today. Since I have started on iron supplements and taking a folic acid supplement, i do feel a lot better than did, but when I get some off days, it's horrible. So talking to my gyno about a low dose BC is in the making.
    • Posted

Hi, hope you're well. My previous blood test showed I'm in menopause because of hormone levels, been over a year since having a period. I'm 56, sometimes I think I'm late going through this.Ā 

Take care

• Posted

Hi Nutty nan

The menopause affects the Autonomic Nervous System, mainly the Vagus Nerve, this nerve is in the upper abdomen, arms, chest and head, and is responsible for sending signals to the brain, to control the dijestion, sugar level, blood pressure heart, Ā internal temperature, and bladder, so, all these areas go wrong during menopause, it is a temporary affect, the nervous system or vagus nerve is not damaged. Ā  Ā If your tests come back normal then you will know!! and if, it is normal at least you will know it will at some point, fingers crossed, settled.............halleluhya to that!!. Ā 

• Posted

How are you? Thankyou for your reply. Would explain a lot & maybe why it can seem so scary, hard to cope etc sometimes when there's 'misfiring' messages/signals going to the brain making you think something dire is happening....& it's temporary! it's really going to stop?! LOL so looking forward to that day šŸ˜† sorry to be rude but all this is B.S! I'm so over it..

KeepĀ well

• Posted

Hi Nutty nan

I feel a lot better now than i did in the begining, thought i was completely losing it for a time there, never known symptoms like it, but your totally right, it is all to do with misfiring signals, Ā The body feels, its not normal, not to have a period with having them so long, so, it tries to rally and stop it happening, so it finds ways of making more hormones, until it cannot do it anymore, Ā  But eventually things have to settle, think of it this way, once your post, it cant get any worse, you have come through it, it willl end! Ā  Every time now since ive been post, i still go through my symptoms, there a lot Ā milder, and at the end, you can feel yourself coming out of it, and i feel fairly well, cant believe it, if anyone would have said that to me five years ago, i wouldnt have believed them............. didnt think i was ever going to feel normal again. Ā  you do start to see the wood for the trees, and you do start to realise, Ā it cant last forever, your coming through the worst bit, the only way has to be up...........so stay positive, Nutty Nan!! Ā Ā 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.