My Life with PMR

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with PMR since June of 1915 and I have been following this forum since I found it shortly after my diagnosis - I have a wonderful rheumatologist who cares about me and how I am dealing with this life-changing condition, and after reading the posts daily for over a year, I think I will post on a regular basis, my life as it is now - maybe somebody will benefit from my experiences - physical and emotional - there are daily ups and downs with PMR at least for me - I live in coastal Alabama and I am 71 years old

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

And right off the bat - I have not had PMR since 1915 - I wasn't even born then - 2015 is the right year - great start for my story

• Posted

So, September 01, 2016 - I do things so slowly now, and have to plan well in advance so as to be on time for everything - medicine, appointments, work, etc.  I am in the middle of a predinosone reduction - from 6 mg to 5 mg - and I use the DSNS method - I work with my daughter in a gymnastics studio she has - competition cheer, competition dance and competition gymnastics - as well as recreational classes - I manage the office - I have two rescue cats - Victor and Dominic (named after my grandfathers) - and I am a widow - Because I am so stiff and sore in the mornings, and I know if you move around that helps quite a bit, I scoop my cat box early - it helps with the stiffness and uses a lot of the sorest muscles - bending with the waist and upper legs, and scooping with the arms and shoulders - I take my meds with food, around 9:00 am because I need to be at my peak between 3:00 and 9:00 when I am at the gym - there are some people on this forum who have been here for a long time, and I read everything they write - I would call them experts with this condition - if you are new here, follow their posts

more tomorrow

• Posted

I have water therapy and helps a lot. Hot tub for sore muscles a message is heaven.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.