My mother had stroke, where we can get better treatment?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My mother had stroke recently, initially she had problem with speech some times she speeks this and that only so we rushed into hospital and they started the treatment.They did all the required scans and tests (MRI,2d-Echo,BP, Sugar test).Actually she is suffering with diabetic from 4 years.

As per MRI they told us she had few clots in brain, and MRI report advised for angiogram test. So tried for that too but during that test contrast came out and leg got swell.So they postponed the test and discharged after 6 days and gave 7 days medicines after that we visited again and they told she is better no, we can continue medicine for 30 days and ask us to visit after 30days.It's been 22 days completed from the day one.Now she is doing good and doing things by herself.But she is getting headache and bit weight in the head some times, they already suggested to use Dolo 650 whenever she feels headache.

My doubts are,

1. Can we go for any further better treatment?

If yes - any place/doctor/hospital for better treatment?

2.Is there any dangerous if we continue with current medication without further better treatment?

3.why she is getting headache? Is it normal problem for these patients?

If not - what should we do?

4.My mother is 49 years old and diabetic patient, so is the diabetic cause for this stroke?

5.How can we prevent this problem for next time ?

6.I heard NIMHANS - Banglore (India)  is the place to cure more relavent diseases,does anybody know about it?

7.Is it really required for angiogram test?

8.Is there any permanent solution for this stroke/Diabetic?

Me and my family is getting more tense and we are not able to concentrate on our jobs/works and we hide it from her, so please let us know your suggesions to make us relief.

Please post your valuable suggesions.

Your help is very appreciable.

Thank you one and all in advance.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Kishore

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Is she being traeated in the UK?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.