my nephew, who is 2 years old, was diagnosed with kawasa...

Posted , 1 user is following.

my nephew, who is 2 years old, was diagnosed with kawasaki syndrome. he was in icu for a week, and i was wondering if anyone whose child was affected with this syndrome had just had their carpets professionally cleaned right before the affliction? please reply here, if so.

[i:9763cc52c5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:9763cc52c5]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

in reply to your comment: my 4 year old daughter displayed all the symptoms of KD back in August.Unfortunately, we were on holiday in Europe at the time, she very quickly and progressively deteriorated so we had to call a local pediatrician who was very puzzled by her condition but nonetheless dismissed it as a possible allergic reaction.By the end of our holiday most of the symptoms had subsided but I still took her to a pediatrician on our arrival home.The consultant told us that it was a possible contact allergy.Allergy tests showed absolutely nothing although it is impossible to establish as we were on holiday and allergens can vary from country to country.To cut a long story short:the possibilities of my daughter having suffered from KD are only being discussed now (8 months later) and in reply to your comment I can say that the apartment we stayed in had just been painted and all mattresses and upholstery recently sprayed with some kind of insect/mite reppellent.

[i:03fe674df4]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:03fe674df4]

• Posted

Wow, now i have seen your comment it does make you think, when i was 8 months pregnant i moved into a new home. the house was de fleed quite a few times as the people before ne had cat/dogs. i then had to get them back in once i moved in to do this again. my son was 4 month when told he had KD.

[i:698937795e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:698937795e]

• Posted

we moved house and had a full carpet cleaning AFTER my son was diagnosed with KD and during his 1yr aspirin course.

A friend who's son also had KD is convinced that badly washed fruits/veggies.

I don't know, to be honest. I did a lot of research and spoken to many chardiologists and they also don't seem to have an answer.

What I know is that in my family there are a few immunologic deseases. My sister has Lupus and my 2 uncles (my father's brothers) also have a serious immunologic desease and diabetes, respectively.

I think that a child with such DNA as mine if exposed to a flu or other sort of virus in a time in life when he's particularly weak can develop KD.

[i:7dd82f0128]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:7dd82f0128]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.