My partner had third op for parathyroid glands

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi my partner had his third op on Friday for parathyroid glands removed he was fine Saturday but on Sunday he went moody and keeps getting up at night and drinking coffee not sleeping then keeps falling asleep in the day he is not eatting very much is this normal .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I guess he's natuarally worried about the outcome of his operation.

Just "be there" for him

• Posted

I no but it's hard when you have been living this for years what I've put up with is shocking I thought when he had this he would go back to the way he used to be 

• Posted

I'm saddened to read that Michelle and wish you both well for the future.

With all the surgery your partner's been having do you know if they used nitrous oxide as an anaesthetic as this may "wipe out" his store of Vitamin B12

B12 Deficiency is linked to thyroid problems and may also explain his "low and sleepy" symptoms.

The only "natural" way we obtain B12 is from foods such as red meats, fish, sea foods, eggs, poultry and dairy produce.  If your partner is able to eat these together with leafy green vegetables, sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, beans etc for Folate then he will be able to build up his reserves.

However if he has "tummy" problems these too may affect absorption of B12 and he will need to have injections.

I suggest you ask your partner's doctor to check his serum B12 and Folate levels if for nothing else but to eliminate them as a cause of his "downness and fatigue".

• Posted

tell us more.  How did it start and what is happening now.  Do you trust your doctors?  what are his symptoms? (partner, that is)
    • Posted

Hi he was told two years ago he had it he's mood swings he had like a mild bipola he's bloods were all wrong he felt unwell they removed two in the neck but he didn't feel any better so he had anther one removed after haveing all the same test that was July then surgen came round and said he removed it but would not bet his house on it that he was cured and he wasn't  getting tried and moody so they did a new scan cat scan and found it in his collar bone so had it done Friday and they think they have got it this time they think it's been at least seven years that he had them could it be he is just tried of it all I don't. No .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.