my period is coming out of my backside

Posted , 18 users are following.

when im on my period, ive noticed that when i wipe after ive been the toilet there would be loads and loads of blood when i wipe my bum, i thought i just had blood on the tissue from the vagina bleeding but it is definitley coming from the bum. is this normal?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The blood is definitely coming from the front and running back.I'm sure that's all it is.

• Posted

Hi ker04664

I deal with this problem myself and can definitely say that the blood isn't running back. 

For some, this may be the case, but for others not. There can be a number of reasons why this happens and in my case

It is from trauma of a 3b tear that was not correctly managed. 

• Posted

You should see your doctor. There should be no blood from your bum. It's not normal. 

• Posted

Mine is too.

It's taken a while for the doctors to believe this. A long time. I am not sure it's a fistula/fissure or endometriosis.

I get my period from behind and female fluid too. I also thing the doctor/endoscopy physician ruptured something, not sure.

It's a lot. I had IBD so this makes it more difficult. I've had to fight with doctors about this, when people say, just go to your GP, it sounds straight forward like the initial process is simple. My experience is that is takes on average 6 years to be believed, 13 for IBD.

When things go wrong they refuse to look into it at all until you go ballistic. I've got GP's who refuse to give me my medicines for IBD when I flare and that means months without them. When on a flare they'll see you use the toilet which renders you late for your appointment and will have you wait 2 and 1/2 hours in reception. It's a lot. Your in pain, flaring, bleeding and that's all part and parcel of your care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.