my recurrent thrush cure :)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey

I just had to share this with you in the hope it can help you.

I had recurring thrush for over 3 years, and no matter how much canesten or dizoflucan i had, it just kept coming back!!

Basically I started taking 'spatone' which are sachets of 100% natural iron-rich water, you have one a day in a drink, and it increased the levels of iron in your body. You can get it from boots or tescos in a big box of orange sachets, not too expensive, and well, it worked for me!

By increasing my iron intake, I have beat the thrush!!!

*fingers crossed it is gone forever!!*

Also I take Multibionta multivitamins as they have a probiotic supplement in them which helps fight off the thrush (I also tried activia and yakult but they didn't work).

It's great, I have been thrush-free for a month now and I just hope it works for others, let me know if you try it.

Rebecca x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for your advice - I'm better now that I am trying the spa-tone & probiotics, along with Dida - recommended by someone else on this advice page - and inserting a tampon dipped in live yoghurt (cools things down!).

I've been down the diflucan, fluconazole & itraconazole route to no avail & was at my wits end. However it looks like these more natural remedies are working.

Always remember to treat your partner with an oral capsule if you get a bout though, as there is nothing worse than getting rid of the dreaded thrush only to get it back after having sex again for the 1st time in weeks!

• Posted

Hi! I have been reading you guys' discussion and feeling so happy that I am not alone! When you said treating partner when get a bout, do we need to do that every time when I get the sympotoms? Nurse told me that my husband doesn't need treatment if he doesn't have sympotoms. But I am always worried that he might not be fine just because he doesn't have sympotoms!
  • Posted

I was excited to read this cure...However after researching I cant find anything to back this up ive wasted so much money so far , has anyone else had any luck with this ?
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca

This is quite an old post but I'm hoping you'll still see my reply. I wanted to know how you've been over the last few months. I've been suffering for 10 months now and seemed to have tried everything. Iron deficiency runs in my family but I hadn't associated this with my problem until I saw your email. As a result I'm now taking spatone daily, a good probiotic and also B12. I only started this 6 days ago so I'm not 100% recovered but I feel better now than I have in months! I've now acheived 4 days without having to take any pain killers. This is a first! I hope you read this as I'd like to say thank you for sharing. Your post has made a real difference to my life and I finally believe that recovery is possible. I hope you're still in good health.

All the best. Clair x

• Posted

Hi,

I am having vaginal discharge and thrush for over a year. It used to be creamy white and not give any odour. However, for the past two days the discharge is giving bad odour after having intercourse with my husband. Please let me know any suggestion or cure to get rid of the bad odour. I will start taking Iron supplements and probiotics as suggested for the thrush. Thanks!

-Subathra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.