My sister has thyroid brain fog..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I didn't know that she suffered from brain fog too, she never ever said...Well nor did I with the  Fibro Fog...guess we always thought each other to be a tad ditzy....lol...she posted this picture on Facebook...lol:-) xxx

3 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Those words are soooo true wish it would happen alot more to me. my memory is very poor. I opened the dogs food yesterday then instead of putting it in his bowl I put it in the bin???.Funny how having a thyroid problem can cause lots of problems too. thats interesting your sister sufferrs with fibro fog too. Hope your having a chillaxing day. hope you sleep well tonight hun take care big hug coming to you from over the sea from me to you smile
    • Posted

meant to say brain fog not fibro fog for your sister. hows your day hope your having a good one.Im washing at least I can get it out as its sunny here. take care christine enjoy your day gentle gentle hug xx
    • Posted

Hiya Kaz,, I'm well..hope you are too...must share this: my daughter and little son took me to the local supermarket today..now I'd already shopped with Tony...,so didn't really need much, there was a few things I still needed...well, talk about Fibro Fog .,every time I turned to a new isle I just forgot what I needed.grr. ,anyway, we walked down every Isle  and my daughter was pointing to things saying : " do you need this/that." ..she was soooo funny...we had such a laugh,,....empty  trolley and hour later...got home looked In the pantry than remembered..,mmm.,if we don't laugh at ourselves ..other will do it, and negatively.., for sure..I ended up going out yesterday-Thursday..I git up sooo early and felt good...so I pushed it a bit more...but today apart from my little trip to the shop..I'm enjoying sitting outside, having a salad lunch and cuppa, beautiful weather..need more if it....,come on summer..,hooe your sleeping better and you manage to finish your bathroom this weekend, be blessed Kaz, hope you have a lovely weekend...:-) xxx
    • Posted

morning christine Its frustrating when we cant remember things, but some times we do have to laugh about it. else other wise I think we would do nothing but cry. Its good you and your daughter had a good laugh yesterday trawling up down the isles bless you both. funny how you can always remember things when you get back home. I shop on line I plan my meals for each day. I have to get my husband to go through list with me to check weve got what we need and a meal for each day. Im finding Im struggling even shopping on line. Im not very well today, I think Ive got a chest infection. I feel very weak chest not good at all. Ive only got up as expecting a parcel delivery. Ive had no sleep husband snoring and son coughing. Then I couldnt breath felt sick so not a good night at all. its sunshinning here. hope you have a lovely day and weekend. enjoy your lunch and cupa and the beautiful weather your having. Im going to lie down take care gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

O' poor you Kaz...hope it's not a chest infection...just horrid what comes our way...give yourself a chilaxing day...awful that you couldn't sleep..it's just soo hard to handke pain the next day without sleep...I'm sure a lot if friends on this site that suffer too much with pain..if they could get a few goin nights sleep, they would be abke to cope better..it's a lively day here..quite sunny it's 10 past 11 am, Tony has just gone over the supermarket to get some of the things I forgit yesterday....isn't. It just sooo time consuming....I will remember what I want when I'm preparing a meal...funny that I can remember recipes..mm..or do I? pray be I just put things in In the spur..well if I do..it has always turned out ok...I do end up typing mist recipes out on here..my iPad in the notes...when I was quite young, even before marriage, I always run on lists...maybe I'll have to go back to it..I never minded it then...such a perfectionist...it's just too hard to be one now..lol..gentle hugs Kaz..hooe your feeling better by now and managed to get some quality sleep...as it's probably about 1am there...,there is such a time difference isn't there? ...be blessed. Have yourself a lovely weekend.,:-) xxx
    • Posted

Hi Christine Hope your having a good weekend. Ive spoken to my dr  Ive got a viral infection costocondritis fibro flare up. I am struggling with my temp cant get it down. I feel quiet poorly been  like it since thursday. I will message you when Im feeling better take care hun gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

O,' no Kaz, poor you, hope you get better soon, this rotten Fibro .,grr..hope you get better really soon...chat later. Try and rest up with our friend the Hot  Water Bottle..lol..be blessed...have a restful day..:-)
  • Posted

Hi Christine; when you tell us your sister has the Thyroid Fog,  I think that is why there is so much talk re some of the people who have been diagnosed with CFS and Fibro, may also have Thyroid probs......as I was put onto a book titled "Tears Behind Closed Doors", by another lady who used to come on this forum, and after having read it, Really feel why it is connected......sooooo many of the symptoms are soo similar.........and is always/often over-looked as our bloods come back with Thyroid "within normal range".....but  after reading this book, which really made me think, one comment made was "what is normal for all, as No-one has had their bloods done prior to becoming ill"....which is so true....so how does the lab who does the test, know what "our" normal range is/was?????Everyone is so different, and this book suggests that perhaps "instead of measuring our Thyroid Function Hormone, perhaps even measuring our TSH, which if Elevated, would say that our Pituitary gland is Over-working and Why????.....this lady was wheel-chair bound for many years, but did not stop questioning and seeking answers and was proven right, that it was Low Thyroid, all the time......well worth reading and very interesting for me............I feel that if it helped even one more person to get back to a more normal life, it would be worth it......my GP has commenced me on Throxin, and still early days, but will try to persist and see how I go???.............wink​Bron
    • Posted

Must get the book..sounds very interesting,,I don't know what my sisters illness is all about, but her eyes see almost popping and she just saidO that's just the " Graves' disease..when I asked what that was she just said,,,she had thyroid trouble ???? sounds a bit bad but with her on the mainland we only usually message eachother and chat once in a while, I'm seeing all my family over there befire the end if the year,,I must have a good chat  to her...thanks fir sharing it's just sooo interesting...I will share it with her too..be blessed Bronwyn..have a lovely weekend..:-) xxxx
    • Posted

Thankyou Christine........yes, it was interesting (and it mentions re the "eyes popping out of sockets appearance".....another sign (could be either hyper or hypo)????...........Bron
  • Posted

morning christine how are you? hows things with you. Im still ill in bed I thought wed I was turning a corner but yesterday went down again, fibro not helpingmad. very low as you can imagine its knocked me for six. Hubby finished bathroom sunday hope you have a lovely day and weekend. message you again soon take care gentle hugs xx
  • Posted

Hi christine how are you? hows things with you. I have managed to get up today? 1st time in a week. Im still very chesty and weak I will get their just going to take time. its dull here Im feeling cold so going to put heating on for a bit.take care christine gentle hugs xxwink
    • Posted

Poor you Kaz, I noticed that your post was 18 hours ago...do hooe your feeling better..gentle hugs...good to hear you managed to get up.,it's a good sign...hope it keeps up...be blessed Kaz, enjoy..if you can manage it..lol...as you always say...quote: onwards and upwards......unquote...:-) xxxx
    • Posted

Hi Christine Im getting their slowly but surely, its been a nasty virus made worse by the evil fibro. Hope your having a lovely weekend. its sunshinning here and we had a lovely sunny day yesterday too. onwards upwards christine take care hun gentle hugs xxsmile
    • Posted

I've had a lovely weekend thanks Kaz..it's Monday morning here...11am nice day..our dates are lovely at the moment very warm..nearly summer...we have had bushfires in our state already and are in for quite a hot summer..glad I don't live near the bush...we don't live far away from the Tamar River....lots of  apple orchards and wineries..so we will be ok....glad the sun was shining for you..it's a real treat when the weather puts on a show for us, fir sure..hope that nasty virus has gone..how horrid..as

if we don't get enough to deal with Fibro plus...how's your bathroom coming along..sounded really lovely...it's funny isn't it..every time we go to do something like that everything seems to come up and stop the progress..I'm really looking forward to our little holiday on the mainland coming soon..can't wait to see family...it doesn't happen very often...when we tirst moved here.,we were like a tourist guides,,,soooo many family members come over...we are a tourist isle too..anyway 20 odd yrs down the track hardly no one comes...I'm not complaining really..that little strip of water-.Bass Strait, has kept us guarded from family squabbles too....but its really nice to see my mum and daughter and grandaughter..mind you with social media, it's like I don't miss too much, nothing beats seeing them in person though..

• Posted

Ooops I pressed reply..have a lovely day Kaz, be blessed, hooe you are feeling much better...:-) xx

Pretend  I've sent you a bunch of flowers-fromOz..Azalias in the back garden are in bloom at the moment...

• Posted

AHHHH Thank you for the flowers christine thats helped to cheer me up bless you. take care hun have a lovely day. its been raining here gentle hugs xxxxsmile
    • Posted

Morning christine we will be going into winter soon, its been raining through the night and this morning. Hubby has now finished bathroom next thing is kitchen. we are thinking of putting new kitchen doors and handles on. I cant afford a new kitchen so just up dateing the one we have. sorry to hear about the bus fires hope people will be ok I know you get them really bad over their. This virus has been horrid its affecting my  breathing Im so weak, one miniute I seem to pick up the next back down again. of course mr fibro making it worse for me. Hope you have a lovely time away when you go. We all need a break away time to relax and catch up with loved ones. Hope your having a lovely chilled day today. thinking of you take care big hug from me to you xxxxsmile
    • Posted

Winter hey!!! We are heading for summer now, it's going to be 26 degrees Celsius today...nice...it amazing to think how much it snowed here this winter...I do dislike too much heat...especially the humidity..sooo good you have finished your bathroom, (photos when you can) great idea to update the kitchen instead of buying a new one...sometimes that's all that's needed...we we will all squeeze  in it and have a cuppa with you Kaz...hope your feeling much better..missed hearing from you when you were too sick ..be blessed, have a lovely day..:-) xxxx
    • Posted

would be great christine if we could all get togeather have a cupa and a chat it would be the biggest support group with people from all over the world if only we could. sun is out at present but its looking like rain. Im off to do me acupa. take care enjoy your day xxsmile
    • Posted

lolWouldn't it just be awesome Kaz...it's been quite hot here today, but windy..but I think a cold snap is on it's way soon..dropping by 15 degrees Celsius tomorrow...hope your feeling well Kaz, be blessed. Have a lovely day..it's 10pm here, our home group from church has not long left...feeling good..looking forward to sleep..:-) xxx
    • Posted

morning christine hope you slept well hun. Hope you have a lovely day today. enjoy your day. its wet here today? Im not too good today just resting had a relapse last night felt quiet poorly again. this virus has knocked the stuffing out of me. never mind Im sure I wil get their eventuallyrolleyes. take care hun gentle hugs xxxxsmile
    • Posted

Poor you kaz, neutral    It does take it's toll on us when we get something else...it just flares the Fibro something rotten ...I've just chatted to you on another line..have a chilax today...be blessed:-) xxxrazz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.