My stomach issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am Sajan, I got diagnosed with sjogrens in march 2015. I have dry eyes, dry moyth, joint pains, weakness ocassionally. I also have stomach problems but I am not sure what causing it. Most of the time I feel lke I am having diarrhea. Sometimes I have to pass stools 4 to 5 times a day but I am not loosing any weight. If any one have similar kind of symptoms please help me out.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Sagan, I've had SS for over 23 years now..causing many issues but not had any stomach issues though ..might be medication causing it..I know someone, who all of a sudden became intolerant to dairy..same Symtoms as you..may be worth a look..have a lovely day..hope you find answers on here..be blessed:-) xxx
  • Posted

Sajan,

I had stomach issues like you describe also. When I was first diagnosed I noticed alot of people kept mentioning The Paleo Diet and a Gluten Free diet at the time I really didn't think I needed to get so extreme with the foods I was eating ..I was wrong! Eliminating Gluten from my diet had an immediate effect on my joint pain and my stomach issues. Less bloating less gas less constipation I feel so much better. I kept hearing about something called Leaky Gut but didnt know what it was or how much it could be affecting how I feel. So my advice is to look up leaky gut. The diagnosis was your first step to feeling better because now you KNOW what your dealing with. Keep asking questions and trying the suggestions you will get from your friends on this sight it has been a huge help to me! Good luck and feel better,

Sally

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Totally agree with Sally..I went Paleo. Really worth googling....it's awesome and yes Gluten is a shocker to your health too..know lots of people who suffer from it and sugar....even some lactose intolerant..get very bad  diarrhea. When you think about it, we are really what we eat..I just wanted to get healthier a few years ago, that's when I started...feeling great.. soo much you can eat on this lifestyle too...hope you find what your looking for sahan..be blessed..:-) xx
  • Posted

Hello, It might also be worth having your thyroid tested as I have both hypothyroidism and sjogrens. When my thyroid problem was first diagnosed I was having severe diarrhea daily. Now I only have the problem if I am under medicated with my thyroxine. Worth a blood test. xx
  • Posted

Hi, Sajan and the others who wrote about GF Diet,

if you have sjogren's then you have an autoimmune condition and they tend to travel in multiples. Coeliac Disease is another autoimmune condition where the body attacks itself when even small amouts of gluten are ingested.

If you suspect that you are reacting in any negative way to gluten (stomach pains, digestion/bathroom issues, rash, brain fog, head aches, etc.) PLEASE continue to eat gluten and have testing done for CD before you eliminate it yourself.  Then when you know if you have it or not, it's safe to steer clear of it for any reason at all.  But, you, your doctors and your family should all know if you have Coeliac. Plus, in certain countries, you can have an allotment of GF food/staples with this diagnosis and a prescription. (Not the case in the US, where we live, but it sounds like a dream to us here)

I hope you feel better!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.