my stool is semi solid and it floats.what should i do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 23 years old ,i have a problem that my stool is always semi solid and it floats . sometimes its like burning when i go to washroom.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am 23 years old ,i have a problem that my stool is always semi solid and it floats . sometimes its like burning when i go to washroom.
    • Posted

Are you getting any stomach pain, constipation, diarrhoea or nausea?  I would also keep a food diary to check for intolerances.  You should also see your doctor and get a stool sample tested and ask about a colonoscopy/barium enema and endoscopy.  Also ask for a celiac blood test.
    • Posted

Yes i have. Stomach pain but not constipation and also before a year i was talking medicines for thyroid.
    • Posted

Ask your doctor to check your thyroid levels again.  Is your thyroid under or overactive?
  • Posted

hi waju..sad to hear you're going through that..in one of the health seminars that i attended... the key speaker mentioned,that floating stool means you lack iron in your blood.. i am not sure as i have not checked for facts on her statement... but the burning feeling is new to me.. I seldom have problems with semi-solid stool.as i am always constipated and I am sharing this that papaya will help meform stools..not only that it will also regulate your BM.. u may also have thyroid problems..that's what happend to my mom.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.