My symtoms. Can any help and advise?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all,

I woke up this morning feeling very dizzy and i was unable to walk straight.

after lying down with my head tilted up i started to feel slightly better.

Then i went to sleep again and woke up wih no dizzyness but just with the same symtoms ive been experincing for over a week now which are:

head discomfort

stiff neck and shoulders

sinus pain when pushed with finger

slight dizzyness and dificulty focusing

confusion occassionally 

eye twitching when tired or on a laptop

this morning was horrid so if anyone can help then please do smile

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi phil ive got the same i also feel slightly drunk also sort of tingly around my face and very tired all the while sorry i dont know wot it is but im going to see my gp just letting u know your not on your own x
    • Posted

Hi Deb , thanks for the message . Let me know how yours turns out ! Il do the same smile all the best x
  • Posted

You can start googling the possibilities.  Hopefully it is just Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (Bppv) which is mostly fixable.

Causes of Dizziness:

Dizziness can be grouped into types by the portion of the entire balance system that is not working properly. The different portions include the inner ear, the brain, the eyes, and the limbs, neck, back, and leg muscles and joints, which react to keep us upright.

Inner Ear Dizziness:

Half of the inner ear is used for hearing, the cochlea. The other half is used for balance, the labyrinth. If the labyrinth, with the nerve that connects it to the brain, is malfunctioning, dizziness can result. Many types of maladies occur in the inner ear to cause dizziness including Meniere's disease, labyrinthitis, positional  vertigo, and vestibular neuritis, vestibular migraine, and tumors of the inner ear nerves. These usually cause imbalance, vertigo, and nausea. It can also be accompanied by tinnitus and hearing loss, if the nearby cochlea is also affected. 

Central Dizziness:

Central dizziness is caused by problems in the balance portion of the brain. Any time this portion of the brain is not working properly, dizziness can occur. Symptoms usually include lightheadedness, disorientation, imbalance, and sometimes even blacking out. Causes of central dizziness include low blood sugar, low blood pressure to the brain, strokes, multiple sclerosis, migraine, head injury, tumors, and the aging process, among others. Treating these types of dizziness usually involves treating the problem that is causing the brain not to work properly.

• Posted

My symtoms seem to improve when avoiding computer screens and eating healthy foods .

Why could this be ?

• Posted

My doc told me to avoid salt, caffeine and alcohol, as they can make my issues worse.  Maybe your healthy eating helps by eliminating some of those items.  Have you had your vision checked recently?  Best to see a doctor to rule out an infection or any underlying conditions.  I've been dealing with vertigo for two months now, no one knows why.  
    • Posted

Hello kikili

I don t use a lot of salt at all and i only drink one cup of coffee a day. I don t. Drink and lately I barely have an appetite so i have been drinking protein drinks.

• Posted

Hi Phil

I have had the same symptoms since Nov. I have been in and out of doctor's visits and three trips to ER. Waitin for appointment with ENT because I Am Told All these Symptoms are connected to inner ear problems. Meantime I am taking Antivert for dizziness 3 times A day. I use an icepack in back of my neck to help with the pressure . I have ringing and throbbing in my right ear oh yeah abd I Am not able to drive.

I am so thankful for this website because everyone here us so helpful and ut gives me hope.

I hope you feel better.

• Posted

Okay guys just to let you know .

I went to the doctor and he said all my symtoms could be caused by my triggers in my sternocleidomastoid as apparently I have trigger points there caused by either bad posture or heavy lifting (gym)

I've been doing the exercises instructed and I feel 10 x better .

I feel stupid for worrying so much lol

Maybe it's the same for you guys ?

Worth a try !

There's videos online to demonstrate the exercises

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.