My TN has finally gone after 11 months :)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that I'm pain free, yet again, after 11 months, this time. For those of you who didn't know, my usual length of suffering in the past was for 9 months and 9 months remission. That was when I was prescribed Tegretol. But then after a six yr gap my TN returned and unfortunately I was unable to take Tegretol this time around, so I was prescribed Pregablin.

I had to keep trying by reducing the dosage to see if the TN was still there and it was, so then I had to increase the dosage again. But this time I managed to get right down to 50mg a day and still nothing.

Im keeping my fingers crossed though that TN won't return as soon as the meds are out of my system. If there is any change I will let you know.

In the meantime I wish you all well, to succeed with your remedies and hopefully you too will soon be pain free. 

Kind Regards

Gloriana

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yay! eat, chat, sing... all the things you couldnt easily do before. I am happy for you..
    • Posted

Thank you Valkyrie. So far so good. I felt just a teenie weenie stingy feeling over the weekend but not enough to warrant going back on the meds. I'm still taking cod liver oil capsules, EyeQ, although I did buy some other cod liver oil capsules but found they made me constipated so I'm sticking to the EyeQ for now. I'll let you know if there is any change for the worst but keeping my fingers crossed. How are you getting on so far Valkyrie, any changes or still the same?

Chat soon.

Gloriana

• Posted

getting worse week by week, not more severe but more often. Increasing the meds 25mg a week now and dosing 3 times a day. On the bright side, i have just got back from Sydney where they have definitely approved me for a Gamma Knife procedure on 13th July. They say they can take care of the two tumours at the same time. Happy.
    • Posted

Hi Gloriana. Just to tell you my TN is doing the same. No more electricity, mouth or teeth pain.We are so lucky! So strange . Been on a Lyrica for6 months an 2 mths to get off. been on a Lyrica forum for last 2 and here you are.  I remember your 9mths hoping. I finished 10 acupuncture sessions and also use cod liver oil and magnesium,all the B group and weaning off  Lyrica and getting mind altered,depression,weight on etc.My TN is beside my nose so I'm not in remission but MUCH BETTER.Looking forward to your post

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.