Myomectomy laproscopic & open post surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I'm 27 and I had a myomectomy one week ago. My doctor suggested I get a laproscopic myomectomy after finding a large fibroid at a checkup to insert an iud. I had my pre op appointment he told me of the laparoscopic procedures and what to expect saying I'd likely be released from the hospital the same day. When I woke from surgery in massive pain mainly from my lower abdomen feeling as if I had a large cut but unable to see my incisions due to the bandages. I spent 3 days in the hospital I had trouble peeing to the extent of them saying I'd possibly leave with a catheter I was terrified. I continued to get up and pee dispite my intense pain. After forming massive blisters on my belly finding out I'm allergic to bandages I saw some of my incisions. They discharged me I went home unable to care for myself or my daughter thank god for family who helped. Once home I took my last bandage off and found the root of my discomfort a large cut from hip to hip along with all my laproscopic incisions. They not only gave me the laparoscopic surgery and pumped my abdomen full of gas they opened me up too. One week later I still hurt but feel much better. I still can't leave my house or really even get far walking. I have my post op next week to discuss what happened and I'm supposed to be returning to work. Just wondering if anyone has has a similar experience.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

OH my goodness, I am 5 weeks post abdominal myomectomy. My cut is just on the hair line about 15cm. I really feel for you and the horrible situation you re in, especialy if you were expecting a small procedure and ended up having a myomectomy. 

Take your time. It will be 2 weeks before you can properly get out of bed. Until 4 weeks limit what you do around the house, re cooking cleaning. Do NO lifting or pulling. I did not have any issues re peeing or the badages and I will only be having a check up 3 months post op. So glad you have an appointment next week, as you need to ensure your wound is not infected and that you are peeing and pooping OK.

You are only 1 week on, I stayed in bed for the first and second week with 5 days in hospital. As for returning to work I was told 6 weeks.

Any questions, I and lots of ladies here to help !

• Posted

I honestly feel the best I've felt so far but I definitely have some serious recovering to do since my job is very demanding I'm a server in a high end restaurant. I sure didn't think I was going to wake up to such madness and underestimated the pain of be in. My bf tells me not to over exert myself but it's hard since he's rarely home he is a truck driver. I know I need to heal I'm just hoping I feel up to work by the time they need me back.
    • Posted

wow, that is a demanding job where you are on you feet a lot. Its scary as you wake up not knowing how you are going to feel and how long you will take to recover. I would  say do not to to much to soon. Hope you feel better soon, as someone who is a bit ahead of you, each day you do begin to feel better and are able to do more. I remember my first few weeks I did nothing !

Stll feel discomfort now, but can do most things myself now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.