Naproxen & Aspirin

Posted , 2 users are following.

My instructions for taking Naproxen indicate that it should not be taken with aspirin.  My question is; how much time should I let go by after taking a Naproxen to be able to take aspirin? Thank you in advance for your response.    

-Ella confused

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Is there a medical reason Elita because normally they can be taken together? In fact I'm sure you can buy the combined medication over the counter in a pharmacy.
    • Posted

Well, the Rx leaflet(s) that comes with the naproxen specifically says not to be taken with aspirin.  I still would like to know, after I take the naproxen, which is 500 mg. how many hours after, would I be able to take the aspirin.  Any other takers? Thanx for your response!

• Posted

If that's the case I would wait 2 hours. When we separate pain medication on the wards we do so at 2 hourly intervals.
    • Posted

Ok, thank you for your response! 
    • Posted

Matron,

I am taking naproxen for neck pain but I've had to stop taking it as it's causing bad heartburn, is this normal?

• Posted

Sorry should have added that if you are still unsure I would suggest you speak to a pharmacist or the doctor who prescribed your medication. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.