Naproxen with Losartan

Posted , 4 users are following.

I take Naproxen for Rheumatoid arthritis but as I have high blood pressure I also need to take Losartan 50 mgms daily. My GP now wants me to have 6 monthly blood and urine tests. I think this is because these drugs combined can cause kidney problems. Has anyone come across this before?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Matron, Hope you are well. I just wanted to know if you where taking anything else apart from Naproxen for your Rhematoid arthritis? Do you take any DMARDS (Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs) and are you under a consultant Rheumatologist??
    • Posted

Hello matthew. It's a long story but I was only taking Naproxen and Codeine Phosphate until today when my GP also prescribed Nefopam because I am in a lot of pain. My RF was only slightly raised so my GP felt a rheumatologist wouldn't do anything differently. My serum protein levels are also raised. Anyway I see my GP next week and she said she will probably refer me to a rheumatologist (thank goodness).
    • Posted

Hi, Yes I think that would be wise to see a rheumatologist as they can give you more advice and can prescribe other drugs which would help you more. Hope you get sorted soon. Matt
  • Posted

In short Matron, yes it is true and it is the correct procedure to take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.