Nasal/forehead pressure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, for over a year and a half now I've been suffering with weird head feelings/thoughts and nasal pressure. I can feel a pulsation behind my nose and pressure on my top teeth, I've had an MRI scan and there maybe something wrong with my pituitary gland, they want to do another MRI scan on it and also a ct scan on my nasal area. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rhods, I'm sorry I haven't had this sort of problem in that it's been over a year and a half for you - I maybe had sinus problems for about 6 months many years ago.  The scans sound like they're taking you seriously, so I would accept whatever they want to do to find our what the problem is.

The only thing I would say is that IF they suggest an antibiotic to try and 'clear it up' or whatever, don't let them give you ones called Levofloxacin or Ciprofloxacin - these are broad spectrum ABs often given for sinus problems and they can cause very serious problems e.g. tendon rupture, muscle pain, gut problem, brain problem - you name it!  There are 5 names all together (all ending in -floxacin), but these two are the most used.  They are called Quinolones and behave differently to other ABs in that they can literally unwind your DNA - which is how they kill bacteria.

If the docs say they're the best ones just say you're allergic to Quinolones.  Many people who have taken them have had their lives ruined - this is a serious problem yet is not treated as such by most of our doctors.  Good Luck with the scans!

• Posted

Hi Rhods!

Have you had any luck ? Did they discover anything from the 2nd MRI scan?

Was it related to your pituitary gland?

I seem to be having the same issue it seems. There is this constant pressure behind my nose above my hard palate and seems to move around. Sometimes this pressure gets heavy and I can feel it on my palate and it really weighs a lot and drags my face down...my head just seems frozen as well. Forehead goes numb sometimes or just feels frozen.

I have had 2 CT scans done but to no avail sad Nothing appears other than a cyst in my left sinus which doctors have said should not be causing such issues.

I have been living with this for more than 2 years now and doctors think i am crazy.

Please let me know if  the MRI has helped at all ???

thanks!!!

S.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.