Nasal Polyps

Posted , 15 users are following.

I have nasal polyps and what a life-ruining condition. I can't breathe. I can't sleep. I have trouble eating & breathing, drinking & breathing. Sometimes it's difficult to speak clearly. Kissing & humming are difficult. I go through oodles of kleenex. I take antihistamines, use Nasonex spray, take Melorse oil internally, enjoy \"Halls\" lozengers. I've tried Predinsone, but the side effects are too dangerous for me. I wish I could get some relief. AND it is different every day. Some days my nose is totally plugged and thumping and the next day my nose is dripping, running and I can't stop blowing. It's never normal. Again, I wish I could get rest & relief.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

try sudafed blocked nose spray. i tryed everything got an appointment to have the polyps removed and then someone told me to try sudafed spray and it relieves it for about 8 hours
  • Posted

Whilst on holiday recently, I had some reflexology. Whilst I am naturally sceptical of such things, I decided to go ahead with it as a) I was on holiday and the lady who owned the cottage we were renting had been a reflexologist for almost 30 years (& taught for 17), it was my birthday, and she advised it could hlep my breathing (I had surgery to remove polyps at the end of Jan this year and although successful, I still get the odd day where my taste goes away and smell was/is always an infrequent visitor). Although I felt no effect from the reflexology that day/evening, I was astonished the following day when my head was TOTALLY clear and even more surprising, it stayed that way for a week afterwards. Now this may be as a result of being near the sea after my operation (sea air has never made any difference whatsoever to my head feeling stuffed tight) but I didn't go walking by the sea that holiday and spent quite a lot of time in the town which was very busy. The lady who gave me the reflexology said she had treated many people with allergies successfully and had I realised how successful it would be, I would had taken her up on her offer of a second appointment that week! I am now looking for a reflexologist in my area - then I really shall know if it was the treatment or not! certainly worth a try (anything that might work without taking medication is worth a try!).

• Posted

I suffered with nasal polyps, for more then 10 years, no smell, no taste miserable life. finally had surgery,

and after less then 2 years, it came back, and another operation, now when it started to comeback third

time, i searched for alternative medicine, and found it in a Chines herbal shop, in down town Los Angeles.

i was very scared to try it,these were in shape of regular capsules named "herba plus"but took a risk,

unbelievably less then 20 days my polyps shrieked and now i am polyps free, since last 3 years,

i can smell, food taste good, i got my life back, and it cost less then $30.

• Posted

Hi Sam, 

This is pankush from India i too had nasal polyps which are obstructive in size, n suffering from many problems, plz help me by letting me know the best medicines or products to go over from this disease.

• Posted

Also interested to know more about herba copsules
    • Posted

hello Sam..i also hav the same problem..please help
    • Posted

hi, pukush  i just saw this post today, sorry for the 2 year delay, pls let me know if you still interested to know about my experiance.

Sam.

• Posted

Sam35,

Do you know what herbs were in the "Herba Plus"? I am curious....glad they worked for you!

• Posted

Hi Sarah,  i just saw this post today, sorry for the 2 year delay, pls let me know if you still interested to know about my experiance.

sam.

• Posted

Hi guys!

Just wanted to let you all know there's a place you can now chat and discuss nasal polyps.

home remedies, treatments help and advice.

mynasalpolyps.org

• Posted

I have been used "Entrelief's products" for leaving  rhinitis which is the most advanced is the sigh of relief items. The special spray bottle in the kit, practically locked carrying bags containing xylitol can respond to all your needs with a unique nasal wash product.
  • Posted

Are you salicy,late-sensitive?  Can you take Aspirin?  And do you have Asthma?  Salicylate sensitivity is linked to nasal polyps in most cases - although the biochemistry is uncertain.  I try and avoid salicylates in my diet - not very easy.  Anything based on grapes is loaded with salicylates - especially wine!  Check it out on the web. 

The 'normal' treatment is surgery, which only provides short-term relief; they always come back

That said:  there are a couple of recent scientific papers on the use of high-dose Vitamin D3 in supressing nasal polyps; you need 4000iu per day of Vitamin D3 (it's quite cheap - you can buy it off Amazon).  I am trying this myself, but there isn't much science behind it, and the only successful trial was on ~30 individuals.  Still, worth a try!

• Posted

Are you salicylate-sensitive?  Most people with nasal polyps are.  Salicylates are present in many plants - especially grapes!  So wine is loaded with them.  The classic disease is 'Samter's Triad' (sometimes called 'Aspirin Triad').  It is a sensitivity to aspirin, linked to Asthma and to nasal polyps. 

If so, you may be able to control your condition by reducing your salicylate intake.  Check out on Google the foods containing salicylates (it's quite a depressing list).  Then eliminate the ones which are highest, and which you eat or drink.

You can have surgery, which provides temporary relief.  I have had five of these ('nasal polypectomy').  They work (in my case) for about 2 years only. 

There are also some recent scientific papers on the use of high-dose vitamin D3 to suppress the recurrance of polyps.  You need to take 4000iu per day or more.  Fortunately, Vit D3 is both cheap and readily available (you can buy pillls with 4000 or 5000iu of Vit D3 for a few pounds sterling off Amazon).  I am trying these, and they may work.  The good news is that there seem to be no side-effects from taking Vit D3, so certainly worth a try

FFord05

• Posted

I too have salicylate sensitivity. I also get prickly feeling in my toes when eating spices. I have to use a special shampoo or I get extreme pressure on the back of my head. A certain cover up made my head want to explode and I get flushed. Happened a couple times until I figured it out. Dr just gave me Prednisone figuring it was my sinuses. Met an allergist and he diagnosed me with sampsters triad in 10 minutes.
  • Posted

Hello. I have had the same problem for 3 years , I tried every medical idea but nothing helped instead I got worse my last option was surgery .I read somewhere about why my sinus became polyps and it was a result of weak immune and deficiency in Vitamins in my case. So I researched what organic treatments I could undergo, and all recommendation was dietary.So I started having 5 oranges per day and also chewing on the peels for a month now NB orange juice is not as effective as fruit. The following improvements are showing : my polyps have shrunk significantly and I breathe with my nose lately although times am congested due to allergies so I take antihistamines . My sense of smell is returning I can smell food and my surroundings. Nasal drip is not as regular of late my nose is dry.My conclusion is taking 3-4 oranges a day from a direct fruit boots the immune system and gradually as the body gets stronger you get restored. I will continue with the orange fruit treatment as this is a journey that seems to be rewarding so far. I hope this suggestion helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.