nausea

Posted , 8 users are following.

does everyone get nausea with there ibs ? i sometimes get it after having a b.m or when ive eaten ? is this normal with ibs anyhelp would be appretiated.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I get nausea and also a headache if I eat anything other than fairly bland food. Recently been getting a bad taste int he mouth, which I guess is among the myriad of symptoms that come with IBS. 
  • Posted

Yes, I also get nausea, but mine tends to come and go. I do have the odd day when I feel constantly nauseous, but fortunately that is not too often and seems to coincide with a bit of an IBS flare up. 

Jan

• Posted

Yes after BM and not just yes but yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and then I am exhausted afterwards and need a lie down and sleep.

It was so serious my dentist noticed enamel was coming off my teeth as I was sick religiously every weekend for 2 years. In the end my former partner could not take it and left. I do not blame her.

This is more intermittent now with the last time the day before Good Friday.

I have been told it is anxiety

I have asked about this before and think we are in a minority

• Posted

I get nauseous a lot too. And I have IBS from what I've been told. I'm still trying to get used to it but still need a colonoscopy to rule everything out. I'm stressed a lot so my symptoms come & go from pelvic pain to back pain all over my back. But yes and stress doesn't help. Sometimes I'll b driving and I feel like I wanna throw up and don't. I hate it. Mines not everyday but I get it a lot
  • Posted

You may have reflux as well. It also an indication of gall bladder diseases so better check with doctor.
    • Posted

I was told the IBS puts stress on the body and this then caused the sickness as the sickness always came after a vicious IBS attack.

When I say vicious it means spending at least 2 hours in the loo only coming out intermittently for 5 or 10 mins. For me this constant release would cause sweats and shakes and these are signs of the body being under stress which in some cause sickness. 

• Posted

Nausea after big meal means you eat too much and it is hard to digest then it becomes toxic and it needs to get rid taoxic by going to the loo, diarrearh normally. But up to you to decide. good luck.
    • Posted

For me my evening meal was about 8pm and the diarrhoea would start circa 9.30 am and I would usually be sick between 11.30 and midday with midday thirty usually being the latest time. This pattern continued for about 2 years. I  managed to break the pattern but still returns but more intermittently now. Also being ill is very bad for your teeth so anyone in this cycle break it now as I have a couple of fake teeth from this cycle.
    • Posted

PS I eat the same meal now as would make me Ill regularly which consisted of a piece of chicken, handful of garden peas, 1 carrot chopped and half a potato cut into slices to make my own chips. In fact no matter what I ate in those 2 years would make me Ill. 
    • Posted

Can you try to eat earlier, no later than 7pm to see how it goes?

• Posted

It ccan be gall bladder which has similar symptoms. I have episode of abdomen cramp and toilet too often now. I will go to see doctor for a gall bla

bladder test tomorrow.

• Posted

Too early for me but the point I am making is I can eat the same meal without being ill but for those 2 years I could have a bowl of soup and still be sick as a dog the next day. Even my doctor said it makes no sense but after my g/f left, I think she was sick of vomit, I went months without eating at the weekend. I do not advise it but when I did go back to eating a meal I stopped being ill. Intermittently I am still ill but it has not become a repetitive loop like it was at the first time. Also now I am not in a sickness loop I could have my g/f back but sadly she has moved on. 
    • Posted

I don't have to have a meal to get nauseated eating a piece of toast or a plain biscuit can bring it on I never eat after 6.30 on an evening the nausea feeling can strike at any time even after moving bowels! There's no pattern to it at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.