nausea and meds

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm on prednisone, sulfasalazine, hydroxychloriquie, MTX injections and panadol (none have provided any relief).   taking them all together made me nauseoua so I split them up but I still get nauseous after taking them - every single med makes me ill.   What do others take to combat the nausea?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know but you are on a heck of a lot of medicine!!
  • Posted

Trying to remember if you are due to start a biologic soon?

i have all those meds plus biologic but don't feel sick with them, however I take all of them with food.

i thought injected mxt didn't cause nausea? 

• Posted

When I was on mtx I used to take a prescribed anti sickness tablet an hr before the mtx then eat little but often all day. When I was injecting mtx I was still nauseous at times so I would do the same before dose then top up with anti sickness tab all day and maybe the next day.
  • Posted

My RA is particularly aggressive I believe, the meds I'm on have done nothing for me so far, my elbows are starting to get growths on them as are my fingers.   Fatigue is now a real problem the slightest bit of exercise exacerbates the pain and exhausts me.   Nausea, blurry vision, burning eyes, puffy eyelids, moon face, aching neck and elbows 24/7,   I'm now having difficulty squeezing the tooth paste from the tube and getting my coffee cup to my mouth is a two handed job.   I still have a month to go before I can start biologics, I think mother nature is telling me my time has come, 
    • Posted

A month must still seem a long way away.

here s hoping this biologic will do the trick for you.

i have had the same severe RA as you which the meds weren't touching, but not the side effects on top of that you are having, so it must be miserable.

Hopefully your blood results are still ok.

wishing you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.