Nausea and vomiting with Fluoxetine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just been prescribed Fluoxetine for PMDD. I am on day 14 but the nausea is horrendous. I know I have to persevere (doc said this would happen) but I am so bad today that I could not go to work. Does anyone know when these symptoms will subside? On a positive note - I am hormonal now and I'm usually a raving lunatic at this stage in my cycle and my poor boyfriend gets the brunt of it but I am remarkably calm. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey how are you now with fluoxetine? I'm on 40mg for Pmdd

Do you only take it before and when your cycle ends?

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I'm totally fine now. I am on 20mgs a day all the time - it's definitely worked for me - you been on it long?

• Posted

I Was on 20mg in January for 4 months and just recently had my dose increased to 40mg I had lots of side effects with the dose increase

The doctor told me to take it before and the end of my cycle but I'm wondering if I should just stay on it all the time

He said the medication stays in your system for about a week if you go off of it

how were you diagnosed with pmdd and what symptoms did you have?

When I went to my family doctor (who I now don't go to anymore)

She had no idea about pmdd and when I wanted an antidepressant to help me she refused to give me anything and recommended counselling which I refused

I did a ton of research about pmdd and saw many were put on fluoxetine so I went to the walk in clinic and asked to be on it and I'm so glad I did my family and friends say I'm like a completely different person smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.