Nausea, chest tightness and fatigue

Posted , 4 users are following.

So for a long time now I have been experiencing nausea and chest tightness almost everyday. I also get bad headaches some days and I am extremely tired all the time.

I have been to the doctors a few times they firstly tested my urine to check for any infections (also pregnancy) which both came back clear.

The next time I went they did blood tests thinking I might be anemic but they also came back fine and they said I'm not lacking in anything.

Now I have been a third time and they want to do blood tests for glandular fever but I haven't had any throat related issue's so I don't feel like this is the answer.

I know my problems can be symptoms of just about anything but going to the doctors isn't getting me anywhere as much as I am glad they're trying.

The nausea, the chest tightness and the fatigue every day is really starting to wear me down. I don't feel like doing anything or going anywhere and I think I'm boring my boyfriend to death by being in bed 24/7 with no energy to do anything.

I have no clue why I might be feeling these things but it has been going on for months. I've tried improving my diet and taking vitamin's but this hasn't helped in any way.

A lot of people are quick to tell me it is stress or anxiety which I have had problems with anxiety but nothing like this and I genuinely have had no reason to feel anxious or stressed. Other than feeling this way everyday I'm totally happy but I am getting to the point where I worry I'm going to feel this way for ever.

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

These seem to be symptoms of asthma and allergy. 

Have you check with your doctors and had X-ray of your chest?

• Posted

Hi, I haven't had any x-rays. The doctors I see tend to explore all the unlikely option's before referring you to the hospital for anything.

Yet everything I read seems to indicate that if you have chest problems of any sort your doctor should be helping you get it checked out as soon as possible.

• Posted

I mean glandular fever, anemia and urine test turned out to be negative. Anything else? 
    • Posted

No that's basically all she has thought of so far. I don't think she's really thinking very hard to be honest and I'm almost convinced she doesn't believe anything is actually wrong by the way she talks to me. I want to see someone else but it takes such a long time to get an appointment with the good doctors at my surgery.

I have been trying to cope with it but to be honest the tight chest pressure feeling scares me sometimes when it's bad because it leaves me quite breathless too.

• Posted

yeah, that is sign of allergic or other type of asthma. Have it checked out asap with any good doctor you can go to. 
    • Posted

Okay, thanks for the suggestion. smile Someone said it could be asthma to me but my sister has asthma and she's very wheezy and coughs a lot which I don't have that problem so I wasn't sure if that could be the case or not.

• Posted

Sounds like CFS ... Chronic fatigue syndrome or often referred to as ME ...Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.    This used to be thought to be "all in the mind" as it is very dificult to diagnose or treat.   It is not really known what causes it and lots of research is still being undertaken,so doctors often struggle with what to tell the patient.   Try Googling and comparing the symptoms to what you are experiencing.

• Posted

Have you been check for GERD? Reflux and yes even though you dont realize it anxietty can be playing a role. But start with the gerd and add a probiotic to your daily regimen,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.