Nebuliser

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have just brought a nebulizer will my doctor allow me the medication I needforit

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marbel eyes. As far as I know nebulizers can only be used under the doctor's instructions as the medicine to be added to the nebulizer needs a special prescription and instructions. Every time my husband had a bad flare-up, most of the doctors who saw him suggested going to the local clinic for a nebulizer session , which he hated as it obviously is not private - lots of people, mostly sick,around. So we bought one ourselves and in October we called the doctor out as he had a very bad exacerbation. On mentioning the nebulizer, doctor was happy to prescribe and write down the correct medicine to be put to use. We both believe it really helps shift the sputum much quicker and give quicker relief. But please first check with your doctor as each case is different.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi ,back in 1992 I had my first asthma attack at age 46 ,it was the most scary thing ever to have happened to me  ,I used a nebuliser in hospital but my gp said as it was my first attack I didn't need one ,but we bought one anyway ,,,,,and I went to see him and told him I would feel more reassured knowing I had one if ever I needed to ,,,,he then prescribed me the salbutamol nebulas for use in the nebuliser ,so if at first you don't succeed try again ,,, 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up