Neck & head muscle spasms After surgery to remove osteoma tumor in sinus cavity

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had surgery to remove an Osteoma tumor in my sinus cavity. It was very large and took 6 hrs to remove, chiseled through my nose, while my head was in a confined backward position. About 5-7 days after the surgery I noticed a new pain that went from my neck up the back of my head over to my forehead. Not like a headache, but like knives stabbing in my head. Also, motion from car affects it, and when I've tried to drive, my head feels like I can't hold it up and the pain becomes terrible.

I went back to my surgeon who thought it might be occipital neuropathy, caused by surgery. She sent me to a neurosurgeon. He gave me a nerve block in the occipital nerve, did not help. He sent me to spine dr. Who did MRI on my spinal cord...nothing showed up so neurosurgeon did an intensive MRI on my brain to look at all aspects and found nothing. He sent me to a neurologist that specializes in headaches. He looked at all my records and thought I was having muscle spasms brought on by the surgery and gave me muscle relaxers. They have not helped. He said to try acupuncture and Yoga.

This has been debilitating and has altered my life. Is there anyone out there with anything similar?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there sorry to hear bout everything you've gone threw.ihad a manipulation on my shoulder had terrible pains up side of neck now I've had severe headaches Ian seeing a nuerologist on 1st match the pain in my head feels like my head was having a stroke it's really frightenkng

• Posted

Please keep in touch let me know how you get on with your muscle tablets
    • Posted

So sorry to hear of your pain...praying that your Dr will have quick, easy answers for you. The muscle relaxers haven't helped much for me, but I am going to try Yoga & acupuncture (per Dr.). I have a strong faith, and believe I will be free of this one day. Hope for us both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.