Neck pain getting worse. Dr's stumped

Posted , 4 users are following.

Over a year now, been having pain on left side of upper neck. It shoots pain up to base of skull that causes bad headaches, dizziness. No doctor can explain why. Have had mri and CT scan. Nothing G has showed up. It's now going good down left shoulder, down arm, fingers. And lately in left leg. Knee pain and up to groin. And down to foot where I've been having spasms in toes. My quality of life has gone down extremely and losing my family.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Did they prescribe any medications?
  • Posted

Gabepentin. Has not helped. I am on 1500 mg a day. 

This is all on left side. Bad headaches due to pain from base skull neck. Mood is different and now leaking urine at times..

• Posted

Hi john, I have had very similar pain. I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my neck (left side) but these sensations are weird. Tingling , sharp shooting pains and numbness and dizzy spells . I also have gastro problems . Have an appointment next week with the rheumatology , so see what they say. I get very anxious and down about these pains.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.