neck pain radiating into head and high esr levels

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have been having a achy pain in my neck radiating into thew nobbly bits on the back of my head for about 3 weeks now. It only goes if i put a heat pad on it but comes back a while after. It gives me headaches aswell and im worried. I have seen my gp who run blood test and said my esr levels are high as im a 23 yr old female and the esr levels were 29 apparently mine should be no higher than 19 rolleyes I have had a headache ona nd off for 2months but the neck pain makes it worse. I think it may be my posture but not 100% is it worth seeing a chiropractor?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Ask to be referred to a rhumatologist.  It sounds to me like you may have fibromyalguia but i'm no doctor, just basing it on my symptoms when they started. Sorry to hear you are having this pain though.  I presently have  a severe neck/muscle spasm which I am taking more meds for. It is very painful too and like you I find heat helps but as soon as you take heat away its back.  I also find a cool hand sometimes helps. Hope you get sorted.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I have been doctors today as was getting pain again buit worse she said my markers arent raised too high and if rhse anti-biotics dont work for the sinuses then go back but I know ill feel the same after the tablets. I will be going back for tess they call 'posh' next week. Fingers crossed I get to the bottom of this but I have been reading about fibromyalguia and I thin k i have that too, people were saying coulkd be temporal arteritis and I was so worried but doctor said she doesnt think its that at all thank god. Thank you again for the reply means alot to speak to people who understand.

• Posted

You are welcome Chelsea.  It is a great help being on these forums.  How are you feeling today? Never heard of that test I am afraid. Sadly our symptoms can be the same as lots of conditions so its hard until you get a diagnosis.  Hope all goes well next week.  Keep us posted.
    • Posted

Thank you smile I'm not too bad today actually just got an annoying twitch in my eye lol. But trying not too worry as I'm such a worrier lol yeah will definitely keep updated when have tests fingers crossed smile and thanks once again x

• Posted

with these chats they are always interesting and the fact you have a twitch in your eye.  Why?  you ask, because I have had one in my right eye for years! x
    • Posted

These chat do help. Twitch has gone think it was just a one off thing lol hope your twitch doesn't affect you too much x

• Posted

Hi ChelseaLouise,  Yes.  see a doctor; trouble is which kind.  I have similar pain and neck lumps and headaches nearly every day.  What are your other symptoms?  always tired?  recurring slight fever?  my pain get worse as day goes on;  my voice has changed;  my doctor does not check thoroughly for lymph nodes, have not told him yet that I have some pain on left breast near under arm.  What have you done or learned ?

• Posted

Hello, yes always tired but have been like that since teenager so not sure if related. I seem too find I get the neck pain more when I sit in a certain position so not sure if that a all related. Doctor doesn't think it's anything too worry about as esr isn't too high but I will be going back next week for more tests if I don't feel right. I get a tingly feeling when I lay on my back as well and get pins and needles in my legs quite easily so not sure what that is x

• Posted

What is esr?  I'm accustomed to doctors who look at one lab result and dismiss me.  I have to remember to speak up;  that lab may be ok, but I continue to feel badly.

pins and needles in legs:  do you have to keep moving your legs?  If not, then it sounds like a compressed nerve.

How old are you?  any spinal injury ever?

• Posted

hello something to do with inflammationand infections shows signs of that i think it is not too sure myself to be honest lol, pins and needles come and go when laying in a certain position mainly on my back im 23 and no injuries of what i know of lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.