Neck/shoulder/arm pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a car accident 9 years ago and was given the old you have whiplash scenario but from that very moment I knew something wasn't right.I had the next year off work.

I have had 2 MRI scans and 3 X-rays all saying there is nothing wrong.

I have had countless sessions of physio and even had accupuncture with electricity passed through the pins all to no avail.

I was then diagnosed with myofacial sensitisation (if thats how you spell it) and and because of the pain not worked for the last 3 years!

My neck since the accident has always "clunked" when looking from right to left and I have always been told not to worry about it..but 3 days ago I found I cannot look left as the pain is unbearable and the only relief I get is to hold my left arm above my head!..there are loads of other symtoms that go with problems but if i typed them all here the server would crash!

Any ideas what this latest problem could be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi jonsey.

I had the same sort of injury and have three prolapsed discs and I have now been off work for about 16. Months and they have now said that I have fibromyalgia.

After all the usual treatments I had 4 cortisone injections into the facet joints. I have been told to expect improvement after 5 days or so.

It's another avenue to try. .........

• Posted

been there done that had 3 sessions of it that didnt work either..mentioned to the Dr that did it about seeing a chiropractor but he told me not to waste my money!
    • Posted

It doesn't seem to have been any good for me to.

If you can find a really good old osteopath that used to be good for me but unfortunately he is no longer with us.

Their is a thing called "Mixed connective tissue disease" I am trying to get the Dr's to look in to thatfor me.

Best of luck to you

• Posted

Hi jonsey.

I had the same sort of injury and have three prolapsed discs and I have now been off work for about 16. Months and they have now said that I have fibromyalgia.

After all the usual treatments I had 4 cortisone injections into the facet joints. I have been told to expect improvement after 5 days or so.

It's another avenue to try. .........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.