Neck, spine and burning back pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had an MRI done in July and my results show below:

I've been to physiotherapists and a chiropractor in the past but end up with migraines .. I had a brain tumour in October 2012 removed successfully but haven't been physically up to work since. Highly fatigued I had lots of bloods in 2015 I was diagnosed with ME/CFS and fibromyalia (wide spread pain) when I do anything physical I end up with pain like burning in neck, spine, back, ribs and most recently my ankles. I can't wear heels only comfortable shoes. I keep 'boom and bust' and my body is de conditioned.

i have just started going to gardening class (light duties) for people with brain injury but I sat listening in on the class even without gardening and the back of neck swelled up then the pain (burning) travelled to my spine, back and ribs... It's taking over my life. Do you have any advice? Is there a seat, pillow you can recommend for comfort?

Results of MRI show: small cervical disc osteophyte at C5 and C6 that indents thecal sac and impinges on the cervical cord without causing significant cord signal change.

Prominence to the posterior subcutaneous fat on the cervical spine but no suspicious legion seen within.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So sorry that you have these health issues. You must be very strong. I hear it in your words.

amazon has many seat dish ion to choose from. I tried a few it's a individual search for a good fit. 

I have several dich dich issues and arthritis in joints. Some replaces San I think gardening is great for us mentally and physically. Flowers and veggies growing are such a miracle to me and bring so much happiness.

have you asked about stem cell therapy I have decided to give it a try talk with my doc next month. I can hardly walk. But determines to take care of my garden being aware of my limitations. 

• Posted

Try the Alexander Technique and swimming...x
  • Posted

Hi I'm Ady,

I have had failed back surgery syndrome. I had a spinal cord stimulator fitted, but had to have it removed due to needing an emergency MRI.

Have you ever been offered a stimulator, they really do work.

Hope your ok and you always have people to help you or tlk to on here.

If you ever wanna chat pm me x

• Posted

I would speak with a Neuro and Ortho Surgeon. Your report says it is impingement on the cervical cord. Your symptoms are significant and should not be put off. God did not design your body to have an impinged cervical cord. If the doctors you are seeing don't want to address the issue, then keep searching until you find one that will.

• Posted

Hi, I also have C6 and C6. Gardening does makes a problem. Also filing at work generate burning sensation at neck, stiffness, upper back pain.  I do benefit from fitness club, mostly light stretches (recommended by you physio therapist), aqua therapy (again recommended by physio therapist). I mostly walking in the water and doing some exercises. Also whirlpool helps with muscle and joint pain. Good massage therapist can be helpful. I am also sleeping on orthopedic pillow. You should found correct one for you.  I hope , it helps…
    • Posted

Sorry, C5-C6...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.