Need a dose of Encouragement....13 weeks now.

Posted , 3 users are following.

i'm now in the middle of week 13 ...had a couple of pretty good days last week, thought I was turning the corner , my issues are still waking up with a down feeling, feel better after my morning dog walk but  very lethargic , foggy headed most of the day until about 6:00 pm then start to feel close to normal....always hopeful  at bedtime  I will wake up feeling good. I  went to see my Dr. last week ..asked him what he thought... he said most people feel the full benefits of FLU by 12 weeks. He said one patient took till 16 weeks with no dose increse which he said was "rare". I don't know what he meant.......Anyway he set my next appointment for after the Holidays in the beginning of January. I felt kind of dissappointed by what he said...not sure if I am  just being negative and obsessing. I wanted him to tell me positive things.

Not sure if I am now depressed about my side effects!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Meeps

I think I know what your GP is saying, ie when patients go back to the surgery reporting no benefits, a lot of doctors up the dose, eg from say, 20mg to 40mg.  And that means the patient must suffer all those wretched side-effects anew. Not good! It took me until the end of week 12 (20mg) to start feeling the benefits and I'm continuing to improve even now, on week 16.  So, yep, it's a time factor for sure!

Hope this helps.

Anne x

• Posted

Thanks Anne, 

I will try to be a better patient and practice patience....you know it is not easy. your encouragement helps tons!

• Posted

Thanks Anne I will try to be a good patient and paractice patience.. 
  • Posted

Hi Meeps,

We are on the same boat, me to in the middle of week 13 on 20mg.. I also wake up down feeling, feel normal for few hrs during the day & later very lethargic , foggy headed most of the day until about 6:00 pm, after I reach home & have my evening shower I start to feel close to normal. I still have side effects, but not that bad as compared to week 9-10. This med works too slow.. Patience is the key, don't get demotivated & its normal for this med to take 12-16 weeks. so let's give it some time.. don't increase the dosage...take care.

On what dosage r u ?

• Posted

Thank you....misery loves company.....but thanks for helping to refuel my hope. I am on  40 mg. I also have mild to moderate  OCD. I surely do not want to increase dosage, cant wait for side effects to subside especially lethargy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.