Need advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks I have just been given a corse of these to take. I took one tablet just before 12 pm and when I was in the shower arond 3 pm i started to feel all dizzy and of course I paniked and made things worse with heartbeat etc. ALso when is the best time to take these tablets as I am on tablets for blood pressure and acid reflux. Many thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martin, i was really dizzy and tired when i first started taking them but it soon passes. I think the best time to take them is after your breakfast because they can make you feel a little queasy on an empty stomach.  They also alvise am - I take mine at 9am.

• Posted

They can make you feel lightheaded and dizzy at first although that seems quite quick they tend to take a bit of time like a few days to kick in. It may be that you're anxious about starting the medication and that's caused anxiety which for me causes dizziness and palpatations. If they are side effects it can take a few weeks to pass so you just need to take it easy but speak to your dr if you're worried.

• Posted

Hi mate

I take mine first thing AM. You can take it whenever you want, try to keep it at the same time. The side effects will be uncomfortable, but they will pass.

Can I ask why you were prescribed them? Is it the first time for you to try an antidepressant?

David

• Posted

Martin

I would think that your GP would have told you how and when to take your tablets or it should say on the packet.

I take my Citalopram first thing in the morning but as you are taking other medication perhaps you should check with your GP or pharmacist.

• Posted

Thanks for that guys.  No due back to see GP till a months time to see how I am getting on with them.  They do make me a bit agitated to after taking them 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.