Need advice on inoperable double lateral hernias

Posted , 3 users are following.

In 2013 i sufferd from a car accident... i have previously had a giant incisonal hernia repair in feb 2014.. as time passed i have now occured 2 lateral hernias which my surgeon has said it is inoperable.. the reasons for being inoperable are due to my last surgery where my obleaks had to be sacrificed to save my front abdominal area and the 2 lateral hernias are buried under my hips .. he has told me there is nothing he can do.. and i am in constant agony and discomfort from all of the adehsions that are there... i just dont know what i can do... i would respect any advice please

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Man, I feel where you are at. I wish I could be of help.I  am at an impass myself. If you ever run accross a guy here named Barrett ask him. He might know.
    • Posted

Thankyou mate .. i will have a lookout... jist dont know what to do with the pain i cant even walk without any pain... sad 2 years its been going on for
    • Posted

So sorry to hear your hernias are inoperable. I have 2 lateral hernias, one at top of scar the other at the bottom.

The way I cope with the bottom one which is very uncomfortable is to lie fiat when I can. The other is a compression belt when I have to do things. This supports stomach they need to be tight which is is very restrictive.

Not sure if either is appropriate for you as not sure quite how yours are situated. Perhaps prescribed pain killers? Take care and let me know how you are doing

• Posted

Hello mate . Its a nightmare.. thats what mine are a double lateral hernia.. it all started from a car accident where part of my small bowel was removed.. then from that the wound got infected so a giant hernia formed.. i had that fixed but the surgeon had to sacrifice the obleaks to save the front abdominal area ... now the obleaks have gone he said theres nothing he can do as its too dangerous... im in agony with the adeshions and i constantly wear a hernia corset.. i cannot walk move properly or even lift a shopping bag without it on because of the pain... i just dont know what to do.. im only 24 years old

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.