Need advice please....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Must wondering if any of you can just help me out here. My seizures seem to be happening but before hand I have 2 types of warning what I'm recognising. I'm still new to epilepsy so trying to work it all out!... 

Firstly I have feeling that I feel exhausted & can't keep eyes open but last memory is looking at clock, I always seem to look at clock. Daughter was here & I was lying on setee she said I was shaking a little not much though. I've asked her to film me next time. I've woken up starving hungry & really alert but agitated. That is a seizure but what sort?... 

Secondly I have another type of warning where I get butterflies in my tummy strange feeling up neck then my jaw drops nothing happens after that I've been told but when I'm alone I can't remember. Anyone know if I'm getting different seizures?

I think I'm getting focal & absence seizures & know I've had lots of sleep ones too. Thanks for any advice.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am an epileptic too and have been for 38 years. My fits when they are about to start I get tingling in my right leg and it travels up right up to my jaguar vein.

Then it goes into a full blown fit. Recently I fell down stairs at the station because I had a absence seizure. I was bruised all over as though someone had punched me.

You need to recognize the aura and how to get safety. When the tingling starts just look for a place to sit. Ypu have to look after number one which is you.

Also don't take stress and have a positive outlook towards life. The less stressed you are the less fits you will have. Also try yoga / meditation to keep you calm if you are a hot tempered person.

Try to live one day at a time but live it to the fullest without regrets.

• Posted

I have had this also it happens for awhileUntil I got use to it I also get a floating feeling like I am floating in the air then I have a conclusion but when I come round I can't remember what happened or why and I get very tired and have to go straight to sleep for about 1 hour maybe longer but when I get up I am just starving but full of energy no matter what time it happens day or night
  • Posted

Hi, it looks like you're Complex Partial Seizures, because your seizures have a 'phase' if they were absence ones (now called Simple Partial seizures) you would just simply stare and look blank.  I have both of these and I go through 3 stages with a Complex Partial, 1st - I get a sensation like I'm floating on waves, 2nd - I get a de ja vue and recall what happened in my previous szs with a rapid heartbeat and short of breath, 3rd - I'm gone, somewhere else and don't have any knowledge of it, don't know what day it is or where I am.  I get the auras which my doctor says are now called Simple Partial.  My auras can last all day, up to 12 hours, every 2 minutes they come and last about 30 seconds, so when the VNS is fitted I can do let it do the work and hopefully it will reduce the time and length of seizures and in some cases can stop them completely, the success of it is 60% of people get full control of their szs.  I hope this helps you, take a look at the website for Cyberonics.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.