Need advice please day 8 and feel awful

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I am on day 8 of increasing. My dose to 20mg have had terrible nausea all evening and headache and eventually vomited quite a bit, I'm due another dose of 20mg pretty much now, my stomach was killing me all evening, just do not know what to do, please help.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jenny

I am on my 4th week of 20mg and like you the nausea was dreadful and I would spend most of the time retching. For me it took three weeks for the side effects to pass. Now I feel so much better and glad I persevered. I did get anti sickness tablets from my doctor which helped quite a bit. If you get retching just dab a little bit of salt on the tip of your tongue. ... It honestly works!! You will start feeling better soon and I truly know how horrible the first couple can be.

Stay strong and you will get there.

Wishing you a peaceful and better tomorrow.

Lorraine x

• Posted

Hi Jenny

You are most welcome. I forgot to mention i also have had a lot of stomach problems so much so I had an endoscopy ( camera down throat) nothing found. I really think it's the meds and those terrible stomach pains have now stopped.

Please let me know how you get on

L x

• Posted

Hi Jenny

I know James recommended stopping your meds immediately if you felt they do not agree with you. I would suggest not stopping your meds abruptly as this too can have consequences on your system. Do speak with your doctor about the nausea and stomach problems and ask for anti sickness and professional reassurance.

How are you doing today?

L x

• Posted

yup iv been on them for only 4 weeks, and yet my dr said to reduce to one every other day for the first week and then 2 in the following week , so i agree with lorraine , dont just stop taking them good luck and best wishes
    • Posted

Hello Loraine, honest thank you so much for your help and sll of the comments here, last night was hell i was feeling so sick and stomach pains all night and vomitied a few times, feeling hot and cold as well and pains in my body, I am beginning to wonder is this more than the tabs, i think it is a mixture of my sinustitis, i used a heavy cleaning product yest that smelled v strong and i developed a headache really bad and the nausea straight away, i think the tabs were not helping at all because they have decreased my appetite, i am not eating proper meals. it might have just been my body crashing but it was so awful, i managed to take half my dose last night i cudnt relax in bed thinking i hadnt taken it at all, still felt sick this morning but i ate a cracker and some water and went back to sleep, woke feeling a good bit better but still a bit weak.
    • Posted

Hi Jenny

So sorry to hear you had such a bad night. I lost over a stone in 3 weeks and found myself worrying that I was feeling so weak as wasn't eating enough. My apetite is still not back to normal but has improved over the past week. My stomach pains have now stopped looking back I think my anxiety was adding to my stomach problems. I still think you need a chat with your doctor especially in relation to vomiting.

Please let me know how your doing and believe 100% that things will get better and you wilk be well again.The doubts we get can be so destructive ... i find myself fighting them constantly!!

Take care and be kind to yourself eg try and concentrate on a movie or listen to your favourite music. I would also suggest trying some protein shakes when appetite is affected. I lived off chocolate complan and bananas for my first couple of weeks. Even something small at regular intervals will suffice until your apetite improves

L xxx

• Posted

Hi Lorraine,

Just to give you an update, I spoke to my doctor and he said to cut back to 10mg one night and then 20mg another night, so do this for 2 weeks and then up to 20mg, seems like a step backwards as iv been on the 20 a few days now, but I really still feel bad today, it could be a big too who knows but I have to do what's right, I want to take 20mg tonight but very afraid, I'm gonna follow doctors orders

• Posted

Hi Jenny

Thanks so much for letting me know how your doing. It sounds like the doctor is saying a gradual build up may give you less side effects.

I was on 10mg to start with and then 20 doubling the dose was really rough on me. I think docs suggestion may be the way forward. I really hope you keep me updated. I truly wish you a pain free and peaceful evening and better days ahead (promise!)

L xxx

• Posted

Thank you Lorraine!

You have been so kind and helpful, your amazing thanks, I just kind of wish he suggested that at first, he told me just to take the 20mg but I took 12.5 for two days then 15 for a day and then said heck it I'll take the 20mg, I feel like it has built up really strong in my system and just made me feel this way now, I'm still feeling bad but getting better, who knows cud be a bug too, thanks again xxxx

• Posted

Thank you Jenny for your kind words. I honestly think once your dose is settled in your system you will feel heaps better.

If you get chance let me know how you are doing tomorrow.

Warmest wishes to you Jenny

L xxx

• Posted

Hi Lorraine,

I'm sorry if I am depending on you for support a lot but I took the 10mg the last two nights and today I feel a little more anxious definitely and I'm still feeling waves of nausea, I spoke to a pharmacist and she said it could well be a bug I picked up, she said if it is a bug the nausea sudnt last more than 48hrs, she said to do as doc said take the 20mg tonight and the 10 tomorrow night etc, every second night 20mg, after maybe 2 weeks take 20mg every night, I'm so all over the place today I just feel defeated a bit and teary, I just expected this to be easier, I quit drinking alcohol and I wanted to just get back to 100pc , it's so hard because iv two boys under 3, husband is back to work tomorrow, he took 2 days off to help me as I was so sick, I just hope I can get there.

The pharmacist said if I feel unwell still Friday maybe the doc can change my meds or maybe the dose is just too high for me, I know cit itself does suit me as iv been on it a couple of months on the 10mg and it healed my depression before.

Sorry I'm just getting my feelings out, it's just a Hard time right now.

• Posted

Hi Jenny

I am so glad you are staying in touch and it's honestly feels good that you feel comfortable to share your concerns with me. To be honest you do seem to be on a confuding dose over a short period of time. I found it dreadful on 20mg for the first three weeks. The nausea is horrible and leaves you feeling exhausted and desperate. When I upped my dose I was crying a lot for the first two weeks. Jenny from the heart I know what you are going through and I know how hard it is to believe you will get better but you certainly will. I can understand your anxiety about your hubby returning to work as it can be incredibly hard just to look after ourselves when going through this illness. Do you know how long it. Will be until she can stabilise on a single regular dose of cit? I take just 20mg once in the mornings and that knocked me for six!! I am only just over all the side effects and it's taken four weeks.

Please stay in touch and I wish you the energy and health to manage with the little ones tomorrow.

Please consider getting some good anti sickness tabs and try to eat!! How is your apetite now?

I will message you my email and I will always respond either on here or by email whatever you prefer

Hugs and better tomorrow's

L xxx

• Posted

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you so much, I just need to keep reminding myself of your words, I'm not going to give up on it and hopefully when I am past it, someone else will be reading this and gaining some reassurance from it, because truly as you know, you just do not know what a person is going through unless u have walked in there shoes too, which you have with taking this ssri.

My nausea went away after lunch and appetite returned, stomach feels a lot better so I will be taking 20 tonight, If I feel crap again tomorrow I will know that cit is definitely the reason why.

Thanks so much for your email address that means a lot and also once again for the support.

Thank you

Xxxoxxxxoooxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.