Need another MRI with a different view what does this mean?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been really struggling recently with Basilar Migraines and was admitted to hospital with left sided weakness as this was something I had never experienced before and this specific type of migraine has a high risk of stroke. I was being assessed for mini stroke I had lots of tests done, a ct and mri and was finally released a week later when they said all was okay. Now I've just received an appointment for an mri scan next week. I called the secretary and asked if it was a mistake as they said everything was okay and she said the radiologist has requested an mri with different views. I'm a bit confused what this means is this a bad thing? Has anyone been called back for more scans or experienced anything like this before?

Thank you all Xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

While I haven't had your experience, from other health issues, I know that, when dealing with the brain, because of the complexity of the structure of the brain, it can be difficult sometimes, to see exactly what they need to. Hopefully this is just to be sure of a negative result. I know it isn't easy to remain calm, while waiting for test results, but do try to do so. Not to be glib, but try finding some simple relaxation techniques online, as I can attest to the fact, that they CAN be helpful. Good luck.
    • Posted

I'm a reiki therapist so Ive trained in relaxation and meditation but it's not easy to do so when your worried
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Wendy, I find some relief in the fact that you say the same as my partner. They must just be checking for a negative result I am just such a worrier I find it hard to stop my mind going all over the place. I do find relaxation very helpful. Thank you once again for your reply. Take care. Xx
  • Posted

Hiya ive had mri ct and I'm still having droopy mouth slurred speech blurred vision had nerve conduction test too and had lumbar puncture they can't find out what's causing these turns
    • Posted

Hi Joanne I'm so sorry to hear this I can understand what it is like to be going through so many tests and procedures.and the doctors having no answers for you as yet I have been through the same thing a few years back. Stay strong, unfortunately it is a process of ruling things out so it can take a while. Do you have good support around you? Xx
    • Posted

It's so annoying when they think it's fake how can I fake my droopy mouth blurred vision slurred and ga ga speech and my abnormal gait walking like a horse putting my toes down first then my heel and now my neck has gone into spasm 3 days of these turns is enough to drive any one crazy
    • Posted

Joanne, when going through the horror of being diagnosed, I always recommend that anyone keep a record of everything. Symptoms, concerns, start AND end dates of symptoms (both can be equally telling), questions for various medics, tests... Anything and everything you can think of, it's sometimes helpful to take it to medical appointments. If at all possible, have someone with you when seeing Dr's. It's amazing how easy it is to miss information, another set of ears can come in handy (I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious!) X
    • Posted

My doc basically said any one can droop there mouth and slurr there speech you will be goin on like this till the day you die he said I have 2 options 3rd neurologist or physiciatrists how digesting is he I'm having stroke ti a symptoms and he says that I just walked out in disgust
    • Posted

I have no support just riddicule I'm just getting used to my new hearing aids
    • Posted

I suggest changing your doctor if they are speaking to you so unprofessionally and not being at all empathic to your struggles. I would also think about writing a complaint about your doctor as it sounds absolutely ridiculous how they are speaking to and treating you.
    • Posted

Thanks Wendy you aren't stating the obvious at all no it's something I know I should do but I've never managed to do it for my physical health. Have to do it for my mental health so I know I'll be able to keep up a diary for my symptoms and stuff. Started having real speech problems the past few days that I can't seem to put down to any meds so need to keep any eye on it. Might also take my partner to my appointments with me too. Thanks Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.